Architect - Frontend
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Consensus is a top place to work due to the incredible culture our
employees have created. We strive to provide an opportunity to work
with a great team with a compelling product with the objective that
adding value in your work life fuels the rest of your life. We know
that a winning company is built on the efforts of its people, and
that's an environment we foster at Consensus. We encourage every
employee to bring their authentic self to work and take ownership
of their position and their career. We strive to give our employees
everything they need to make meaningful contributions to the
overall success of our company. We're looking for go-getters that
are excited to thrive in a company going through an exciting growth
We are a fast-growing SaaS company based in the United States. We
are changing the way the world buys enterprise software. We do this
by providing intelligent demo automation software that helps you
scale Presales. How does this work?
We believe buying enterprise software should be simple, pleasant,
and fast instead of complex, painful, and slow (which is how it is
today). Buyers now want instant access to presales (sales
engineering) resources throughout the buying experience but they
find it harder and harder to get what they need. Using Consensus, a
sales engineering team builds a library of reusable interactive
video demos that Sales sends out on-demand. Consensus automatically
personalizes the experience and tracks engagement as the prospect
shares the demo with other stakeholders in the buying group,
bringing the entire buying group to live demos better educated and
ready to talk specifics.
This not only reduces unqualified demos to near zero and can double
the presales team's productivity, it also removes the "demo lag
time" for prospects and shortens the sales cycle by as much as
About the Role:
If you are passionate about building intuitive & attractive
front-end applications, this could be the position for you. You can
combine the right set of technologies with solid patterns to create
reusable front-end components that make adding new features a
breeze. This role will be responsible for guiding front-end
architecture that will help Consensus meet aggressive scale and
platform growth challenges. You will use some of the best
technologies available and will have an opportunity to shape the
architectural future of a fast-growing, industry-leading
What You'll Do:
high-quality, well-tested, scalable, and intuitive front-ends.
- Work with product managers and the design team to flush out
requirements and create balanced delivery iterations.
- Interact with back-end engineers to help design API contracts
to support user workflows.
- Create unit tests and work with both manual and automated QA to
ensure new features and services work as expected.
- Improve the existing codebase to have better and higher quality
- Collaborate with architects to improve overall system
- Contribute to our architectural roadmap to ensure we have a
scalable, effective, sustainable, and secure application.
- Ensure front-end applications work across multiple browsers and
on mobile devices.
- Mentor and coach less experienced engineers in best practices &
- Debug production systems as needed.
- Improve the system through better alerting, monitoring, and
- Avoid and remove the accrual of technical debt in our
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Knowledge of other front-end frameworks is a plus.
- Mastery-level understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Firm grasp of the component-level principles used within
- Experience with docker, Kubernetes or other container-based
- Experience working with cloud technologies, such as AWS.
- Expert understanding of DOM manipulation.
- Good understanding of Git and pull request workflows, including
- Strong skills in the terminal for Unix or Linux-based operating
systems, including script writing and command-line tools.
- Very strong database skills, including some experience in a
variety of database types such as Relational, NoSQL, etc.
- Solid understanding and practical experience applying the agile
methodology to projects.
- Ability to create component libraries for maximum reuse.
- Strong skills and experience with access data through
- Mindset and understanding of how to apply and build unit tests
for the user interface.
- Excellent debugging skills and the ability to detect and make
- Ability to break down complex problems into simple ones.
- Outstanding communication skills, a strong work ethic, and a
commitment to holding yourself and your team accountable.
- Quality-minded, with the ability to elevate others in areas
like effective boundary condition testing and test-driven
- Pragmatic approach to feature development, architectural
improvement, and system evolution.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to create a plan that
can be executed & coordinated between multiple teams.
At Consensus, You'll Get:
- Generous employer contribution towards health insurance with
multiple plans to choose from (dental and vision coverage is
available as well)
- HSA/FSA programs available to maximize your tax savings
- Guaranteed stock options
- 401(k) with company matching contributions
- Paid parental leave to prioritize your family
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible/Remote work environment
- Company provided best-in-class WFH setup
- Professional Development program
- 2 days off each year to volunteer at a charity of your
- Birthdays off
- Every third Friday of the month off
Keywords: Consensus, Lehi , Architect - Frontend, Professions , Lehi, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!