Cyber Defense Analyst (Mid/Sr.)
Company: Stage 2 Security
Posted on: January 10, 2022
S2 eliminates risks of separate red- and blue-teams by creating
continuously optimized cybersecurity for the modern,
constant-threat landscape. Our centralized adversary simulation,
detection and response platform, Mage, uses advanced tradecraft to
provide continuous red team-as-a-service. With Mage, we find
weaknesses before adversaries do, so that every threat is an
opportunity for improvement. Deployed as-a-service, S2 makes
advanced real-time cybersecurity accessible for all organizations.
With smart automation and continuous testing, we help you focus on
the most imminent and most critical risks to your enterprise.
S2 is a Small Business that is focused solely on cybersecurity and
specializes in Adversary Simulation, Protection and Prevention
services. We were founded by cybersecurity experts trained by the
National Security Agency (NSA) who were joined by senior
cybersecurity entrepreneurs with proven expertise within the
Federal Government. We are a growing community of cyber
professionals seeking like-minded individuals who are passionate
about cybersecurity, seek innovation in our everyday work, hold
ourselves and those around us accountable, and have a will to
S2. Relentlessly secure.
Stage 2 Security (S2) is currently seeking qualified Cyber Defense
Analysts in the Utah area to support a fast-paced 24x7x356 Security
Operations Center (SOC). As such, all candidates must be open to
supporting shift work.
Join a team to play a big part in thwarting cyber-attacks. We are
seeking Cyber Defense Analysts who are smart, curious, and
passionate about finding and investigating cybersecurity anomalies.
This multi-faceted role involves working with leading technologies
in IT and cybersecurity and requires a candidate to apply their
experience and continued personal development. For someone with a
passion for cyber security, this role encourages you to focus your
time into staying up to date with the latest techniques, tactics,
and procedures; threat actors; and campaigns while helping our
clients remediate threats to their data.
- Provide analysis support within a 24x7x365 Security Operations
- Support with host and network analysis to determine compromise
extent and provide mitigation support on compromised systems.
- Validate and confirm critical security events and assess impact
of the event.
- Research and maintain information on current security threats
and applying knowledge to the security capability.
- Author intrusion detection signatures as well as other
detection mechanisms and coordinate with Security Engineering to
- Collect information from digital devices as part of legal
investigations. Create and report on program tasks.
- Interface with the intelligence community in order to better
develop and identify malicious activities and events that connect
over time to form a pattern of attack.
- Recover data like documents, photos and e-mails from computer
hard drives and other data storage devices that have been deleted,
damaged or otherwise manipulated.
- Find evidence of illegal activity involving cybercrime offenses
and examine computers that may have been involved in other types of
- Use expertise to protect computers from infiltration, determine
how a computer was broken in to or recover lost files.
- Use forensic tools and investigative methods to find specific
electronic data, including Internet use history, word processing
documents, images and other files.
- Automate workflow processes via scripting with Python or
- Work with Cyber Threat Intel Team and maintaining threat
- Build and maintain client and stakeholder relationships.
- Formulate and enforce work standards.
- Complete projects/deliverables on time and with quality.
- US Citizenship required, along with an active Government
- Seeking candidates with at least one year of experience within
a SOC or supporting a cyber incident response team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Cybersecurity, Information, or Computer
related field is strongly desired.
- Experience demonstrating strong analytical, troubleshooting and
problem-solving skills for security information and event
- Experience with detections and analysis in AWS cloud
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Operational knowledge with types of vulnerability assessors
that shall include vulnerability assessment tools, wireless network
detection, and non-signature-based discovery and case handling
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Intrusion Detection and Preventions Systems (IDS/IPS).
- Monitoring network security events in an Enterprise
- Producing security event reports for management.
- Producing security metric reports for management.
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems.
- One or more of the following certifications are desired:
- GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- Certified Forensic Computer Examiner (CFCE)
- Certified Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI)
- CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
No third-party candidates will be considered
S2 is a small business where people come first, and we know and
care about each and every employee. This drives us to provide the
best possible benefits and we believe that the benefits we offer
are a notch above the rest.
The Benefits at S2 include:
- Medical & dental insurance premiums are 100% paid by S2 for the
employee and eligible dependents
- Up to $100 per month reimbursed for mobile phone expenses
- Up to $50 per month reimbursed for home Internet access
- Expenses paid for approved work-related trainings &
- Eligibility to participate in our 401k program after 90 days of
- Competitive salary, which is paid semi-weekly (twice per
- Participation in S2 Unlimited PTO Program
- 10 paid sick days
- 10 paid government holidays annually
Stage 2 Security welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace
regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
If you are looking to make an impact, Stage 2 Security is the place
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Stage 2 Security, Lehi , Cyber Defense Analyst (Mid/Sr.), Professions , Lehi, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!