Posted on: April 30, 2021
PURPLE Purple is a digitally native vertical brand with a
mission to help people feel and live better through innovative
comfort solutions. To us, comfort means more than great products,
it means empowering every employee to feel comfortable being
themselves. We believe your career at Purple will be a
one-of-a-kind Career in Comfort because our workforce is
one-of-a-kind. We are committed to a culture of collaboration where
every voice is heard and understood. As an innovation company at
our core, we believe a diverse workforce brings better insights,
solutions and products and serves as the backbone to bettering our
company. Join with us as we add to our team of exceptional
individuals who will help us take over the world - one mattress at
a time. Position Summary We are looking for someone to join our
testing team to focus on experimentation on our website. This is a
growing area in the company, and you will be a critical part of
making A/B testing and experimentation part of the DNA of the
company. As a web analyst, your analyses and insights will help
drive the look and feel of our website, the features we release,
and the pricing and promotions we run. You will be instrumental in
improving conversion rates, customer satisfaction, and the growth
of the company. In this role, you will design, administer, and
analyze experiments done on our website. Your ability to analyze
web data will be paramount to your success. In your analysis, you
will need to go beyond reporting on what users are doing on the
site to searching for why they are doing what they are doing and
how that is different between groups. You will develop hypotheses
and design ways to test those hypotheses. Through all of that, you
will be constantly interfacing with other departments, particularly
the product managers, designers, and developers in our e-commerce
department, and you must be able to effectively communicate your
analyses and insights to them. Rigorous use of randomized
controlled trials in business is a growing field with broad future
applicability. While direct experience with A/B testing, site
optimization, or conversion rate optimization is highly desirable,
it is not required to be a successful candidate. This could be an
ideal opportunity for someone in web or marketing analytics who
would like to expand their skillsets into testing while continuing
to build their analytical abilities. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Design, administer, and analyze experiments run on our
- Use analytical and statistical analysis to evaluate the
viability of test ideas, including evaluation of sample sizes,
minimum detectable effect, and duration.
- Be an advisor on testing best practices and an advocate for
increasing the breadth and depth of experimentation.
- Help build, prioritize, and maintain a testing roadmap.
- Utilize web analytics skills to deep dive into test results,
finding additional behavioral trends and insights beyond the
primary metric of the test.
- Document experiment details and insights.
- Create and share presentations about test results, insights,
- Differentiate between what is known, what can be inferred, and
what cannot be inferred from test results.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders across departments
throughout each phase of a test. EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Approach web analysis to understand what users are doing and
why not just click counts.
- Experience segmenting web data to differentiate behavior
- Able to effectively communicate analyses.
- Proficient with statistics highly preferred but not required.
Points for being comfortable with null hypotheses, t-tests,
p-values, confidence intervals, power calculations, and sample
sizes. Bonus points if you can identify the best statistical method
to use with an experiment.
- Soft skills to develop and grow relationships with other
- Curious and willing to question widely held assumptions.
- Willing to take risks. If none of our tests fail, we aren't
pushing ourselves hard enough.
- Acknowledgment that your opinions are not statistically
significant. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- High proficiency in web analytics tools such as Google
Analytics, Adobe Analytics, and Heap required.
- Experience designing, administering, and analyzing A/B tests
- Experience with web experiment tools such as Optimizely and VWO
- Basic SQL skills are helpful.
- Understanding of best practices in web design and user
tests helpful. BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) Match
- Generous PTO
- Market Money
- Earn a Mattress
- Purple Swag
- Amazing Purple Products WHY WORK AT PURPLE?
- Make your mark: We value innovative thinking. At Purple, you
will be empowered to bring your ideas to life as we work together
to improve people's lives through comfort.
- Gain unique experience: Be a part of one of the fastest-growing
companies in Utah! The contributions you make will matter at Purple
as the company continues to grow with you.
- Awesome culture: Join the tight-knit team at Purple and you can
enjoy working alongside industry experts, making close friends, and
annual employee appreciation events. Purple provides equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This
policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Keywords: Purple, Lehi , Web Analyst, Professions , Lehi, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!