Outside Sales Representative - Now Hiring
Posted on: November 25, 2022
US0005 Sysco Intermountain (Division of USA I)
Minimum Years of Experience:
Up to 25%
Location: Lindon, UT or anywhere in Utah County
Are you an experienced Sales Professional, Restaurant Manager,
Culinary Manager or Chef looking for career development
opportunities? Join Sysco's World Class Sales Team and explore all
the benefits and perks.
Why you should join our Sales Team:
- Competitive base salary, bonus, plus promotional incentive
- Car allowance & cell phone provided
- Career pathing opportunities for both entry level, and
- Opportunity to be part of a purpose driven organization that
supports communities and associates
- Specialized sales training
- Individual as well as team-based selling
- Opportunity to learn different ethnic segments
- Monthly and annual sales rewards and recognition
- Robust benefits package including an Employee Stock Purchase
Plan, & 401(k) with automatic matching
This is an outside sales position responsible for promoting the
company's products and services and for building relationships with
new and existing accounts. The main focus is to help Sysco
customers succeed while achieving sales and profit goals
established by the company. This position may require working some
non-traditional hours (evening, weekends, and holidays) to
successfully meet customers' needs.
- Develop new business, penetrate existing accounts, and minimize
lost business to achieve profitable sales growth and special
objectives within assigned territory.
- Seek and qualify prospects following company account
- Research customer business needs and develops a mix of products
and service to meet needs.
- Evaluate market trends and recommend products to customers,
based on business needs and goals.
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, and
competitors' products, prices, and sales; share information with
customers as part of value-added services provided.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices,
availability, and product use.
- Provide product information and practical training to customer
- Drive personal vehicle to customer accounts, conventions,
company meetings, etc.
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary,
working with the credit department and client; collect all balances
due based on approved credit terms.
- Manage deliveries to the routing schedule published by the
transportation department; troubleshoot any problems that occur
during the order process (for example, out of stock items, special
order items, low inventory, etc.).
- Participate in company functions, promotions, customer visits,
and customer events.
- Attend and participate in general sales and district
- Engage in ongoing training sessions.
- Assist with the training of new employees as requested.
- Review and analyze daily and weekly reports such as
special-order requests, customer bid files, and sales/gross profit
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets
and reports, maintaining sales records, processing credits, and
pick-up requests, preparing sales quotes and menu suggestions, and
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality,
Culinary Arts or related discipline OR HSD/GED and 3 years
Restaurant Management, B2B or outside sales experience
- Restaurant Management, Foodservice Outside Sales, Chef
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Valid driver's license with a "clean" driving record (including
no multiple DUIs within the last 2 years)
- Current automobile insurance with the following limits of
liability: Bodily injury - $100,000 each person and $300,000 each
accident; property damage - $100,000 is required
- Submit to pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background
- Must sign Sysco Protective Covenants Agreement.
- Reside or willing to relocate to the geographical vicinity of
- Basic PC skills and proficiency with MS Office.
- Ability to read, write, speak English.
- Building Trust
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Sales Ability / Persuasiveness
- Managing Work
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Lehi , Outside Sales Representative - Now Hiring, Other , Lehi, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!