Assistant Hydrovac Operator - Lehi, UT
Company: Badger Daylighting
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Badger Daylighting, and its parent company Badger Infrastructure
Solutions Ltd. (TSX: BDGI), is North America's largest provider of
non-destructive excavating services and a leader in the
hydro-excavation industry! Badger manufactures and designs our
truck-mounted hydrovac units, giving us the opportunity to
incorporate feedback from our hydrovac operators into existing and
future design and manufacturing processes. We are always seeking
dedicated and talented people to join out team! Visit
www.careers.badgerinc.com for details.
We are seeking experienced Assistant Hydrovac Operators to operate
our purpose built commercial Hydrovac System alongside a Hydrovac
Salary: $25.00 and up per hour, based on experience with
opportunities for pay increases and career advancement!
* Full availability and understanding to work variable hours
averaging between 40-60 hours weekly depending on slow and peak
seasons. Weekends and extended hours as needed.
* Required travel up to 25% based on job assignment need.
* Safely operate the on-board hydro-vacuum system outside the truck
and perform other duties such as clean-up, mobilization, and
general maintenance of the equipment.
* Always communicate effectively and professionally and to
demonstrate a strong customer service focus in all
* Troubleshoot minor mechanical issues and as the need arises
perform minor repairs to equipment.
* Attend safety meetings and ensures all tasks are always completed
in a safe and professional manner.
* Must be able to follow direction and work both independently and
as part of a team.
* Use Company provided technology (iPad) for field ticketing and
time and attendance.
* Properly document all Company, Government and Customer paperwork
as required by law and/or established policy in a clear and legible
* Previous hydrovac, trucking, vacuum truck or other related
industrial experience preferred.
* Must have an acceptable driving record.
* Must have a valid Driver's License
* OSHA10 safety card certification is required. (If applicant does
not hold this certification, Badger will pay for computer-based
training with applicant completing on-line course within 5 days of
hiring. Certification is the property of the applicant.)
* Experience in a labor-intensive position and working outside in
all types of weather conditions.
* Ability to work independently in a team and safety focused
* Mechanical inclination is an asset.
* Capable of working variable shifts with extended hours.
* Experience in a labour-intensive position and working outside in
all types of weather conditions.
Physical Demands Requirements
* Must be able to hear and distinguish emergency signals and
instructions while on duty.
* Must be able to repetitively sit, lift, stoop, bend, squat,
kneel, reach, and crawl.
* Must be able to repeatedly lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
* Must be able to work in all outdoor elements for extended periods
* Confined Space Entry may be required to accomplish tasks for some
clients when applicable.
* Must be cleared to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
* Must be able to climb ladders, and work from stationary platforms
from elevated heights.
* Must be capable of working extended hours and variable
Candidates will be required to successfully complete pre-employment
screening, which includes criminal background check, MVR history,
drug test, physical (DOT & Non- DOT), and must meet all physical
demands of the job (listed below) as determined by a Functional
Capacity Evaluation (FCE).
Why Apply at Badger?
* Competitive weekly pay and overtime opportunities.
* Generous annual paid time off.
* 401 (k) employer match.
* Health care benefits.
* Employees can receive up to a $4000 bonus by referring a friend
to join the company (location dependent).
* Safety is a top priority at Badger. All operators receive
extensive computer based and on the job training during the first 3
months of employment.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Badger Daylighting is
an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Badger Daylighting, Lehi , Assistant Hydrovac Operator - Lehi, UT, Other , Lehi, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!