Company: Verisk property estimating solutions (formerly Xac
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Company DescriptionXactware, a Verisk business, specializes in
technologies for the property insurance, remodeling, restoration,
and mortgage and lending industries. Xactware's tools provide
claims estimating, contents replacement, claims management, and
property maintenance solutions for desktop, mobile, and online
platforms. Xactware's services include repair cost research and
reports, aerial imagery, and real-time business intelligence.
Xactware has been providing cloud services for customers since
1995. To learn more about Xactware please visit us
at:---Xactware.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family
of companies!At the heart of what we do is help clients manage
risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our
customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets
so they can make faster and more informed decisions.Our global team
uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging
technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide
advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber
risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex
global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and
geopolitical issues.But why we do our work is what sets us apart.
It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and
stronger.It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact
sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to
balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our
"returnship" program for experienced professionals rejoining the
workforce after time away. And, it's what drives our annual
Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market
innovations to solve our customers' problems.At its core, Verisk
uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is
why we do what we do.At Verisk you can build an exciting career
with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on
business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to
advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work -
Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We've been recognized
by Forbes as a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women,
testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on
an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk's Statement on Racial
Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and
affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we
live and work.Job Description
- Provide assistance in database design and implementation for
relational databases as well as NOSQL databases.
- Perform all aspects of database administration including
installation, upgrading, patching, tuning, support, backups and
- Work closely with application development teams and systems
administrators to test, troubleshoot, and optimize new and existing
- Actively participates in the daily operational activities that
impact important components / processes of the of the IT work
- Supports database functions by designing and scripting
utilities to minimize human interaction of repetitive tasks. (This
is not a development position)
- Monitor production, test, and development database environments
and actively pursue any issues limiting the performance,
scalability, and availability of these systems.
- Take ownership of problems and manage incidents to limit issues
seen by clients.
- Support the deployment of Xactware suite of products in a mixed
on-prem and cloud environment.
- Support enterprise security, auditing, and compliance related
- Mentor other DBAs in industry best practices and latest
- Effectively and professionally interact with customers, clients
and Xactware employees.
- Willing to carry a cell phone and participate in an on-call
rotation. Occasionally be able to work odd hours to help meet
customer service level agreements (SLAs).
- Keep up with the latest technology and trends by attending
educational workshops, reviewing professional publications,
benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or
- 5+ years of database administrative experience working with
various database management systems.
- Experience in a heavily used, highly available, 24x7 enterprise
- Extensive experience supporting any of these platforms -
Oracle, Postgres or NOSQL databases such as Mongo or Dynamo.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database issues
such as database integrity, performance, blocking and deadlocking,
replication, log shipping, connectivity, security, etc.
- Experience in backup and recovery best practices, general
administration, and health maintenance operations.
- Experience in database performance tuning methodologies.
- Experience in configuring, implementing, and supporting high
availability strategies with database systems including clustering
- Extensive experience with database management tools and other
elements of enterprise level database support.
- Ability to work in a 24/7 high availability environment to
ensure compliance with SLAs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, mentoring, and
- Knowledge of SAN and networking technologies is preferred.
- Related industry certifications are a plus.
- Experience with Unix, particularly Solaris and Linux. Shell
scripting a plus.Additional InformationVerisk Analytics is an equal
opportunity employer.All members of the Verisk Analytics family of
companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all
qualified applicants for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity
and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or
sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk
business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly
to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk
will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of
an unsolicited resume.Consumer Privacy NoticeAt Verisk, the health
and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective
November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective
hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our
businesses' government contracts will be required to demonstrate
that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start
date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious
accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of
employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are
fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have
not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious
accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment
and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in
accordance with applicable law.
Keywords: Verisk property estimating solutions (formerly Xac, Lehi , Senior DBA, Other , Lehi, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!