Embedded Software Engineer
Company: Flowserve Corporation
Posted on: November 12, 2021
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what
you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at
Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people,
your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the
global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your
opportunity for professional development and industry leading
rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the
values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond
opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working
together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the
world better for everyone!
Responsible for developing architectural and design
requirements, creation of embedded microprocessor code, software
unit and system tests, and for qualification of industrial
The Electrical Engineer can office in either Lynchburg, VA or
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Define and implement embedded code designs that will meet the
specifications for new products. Specifications include
performance, cost, and quality, and industrial certification
- Develop, test, and debug board level firmware using
contemporary tools and techniques.
- Board level software designs include analog and digital I/O,
board to board communication, AC/DC motor control, industrial
network communication, and human interface.
- Ensure that projects are efficiently executed to achieve timely
- Thoroughly document designs including requirements,
architecture, detailed design, test procedures, test reports, and
static code analysis results.
- Participate in peer-reviews of design requirements and
- Participate as an integral member of the Engineering team
approach in executing projects.
- Contribute technical skills to support new product development
and existing product sustaining.
- Work in all phases of software/hardware development
- Occasional domestic or international travel.
- Permanent Resident or Authorized to work in US.
Preferred Experience / Skills:
- BS Computer Engineering or BS Computer Science.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving
- Working knowledge / experience (3-5 yrs.)
- Demonstrated experience with embedded software design,
prototype validation, unit testing, and overall system
- Experienced with static code analysis, object-oriented
programming, low level hardware/software interaction, data
structures, and software architecture.
- Experienced with using bus monitoring tools, logic analyzers,
- Demonstrated experience in embedded development using C/C++,
and assembly languages.
- Experience developing Windows and Android applications are a
- Able to work in a globally distributed development team
Job Advertising Title: Electrical Engineer,
Embedded Software Engineer
Primary Posting Location: Lynchburg, Virginia
Other Posting Location: Springville, Utah
Job Posting Category: Engineering/R&D
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 51918BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment
decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected
veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not
discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about,
discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances,
the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a
disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable
accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use
or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can
request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to
email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your
request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your
subject line of your email. For more information, read the
Keywords: Flowserve Corporation, Lehi , Embedded Software Engineer, Other , Lehi, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!