About The Opportunity
At Medifast, our team members are relentless in our mission of
driving Lifelong Transformation, One Healthy Habit at a Time. When
you join Medifast, you become part of a dynamic, fast-growing
community of highly motivated, like-hearted people who share a
passion for promoting health and wellness. Just as OPTAVIA Coaches
inspire Clients to reach their personal wellness goals, at
Medifast, we inspire each other to bring our best to work each day
to further our shared mission. If you want to build a rewarding
career that makes lives better on a daily basis, Medifast may be
the perfect place for you.
Overview Of Position
We are looking for an engineer who can lead the technical
aspects and decision making of a new API driven React Native
application. This person would be well versed in new and upcoming
technology shifts to bring the latest and greatest to our
customers, implement the latest React Native workflows, and
coordinating with partner teams to help drive the future of the
- Design, develop, test, and maintain customer-facing mobile
- Stay up-to-date and aware of mobile technology trends.
- Lead Proof-of-Concept design efforts and own the technical
design of the React Native application.
- Collaborate with back-end and API developers to enhance the
- Work closely with the business analysts to understand use cases
and user needs.
- Develop responsive products that render in multiple browsers
and across multiple devices.
- Perform code reviews and maintain code compliance of the
- Produce technical design documentation.
- Mentor less experienced developers.
- BACHELOR'S DEGREE REQUIRED
- 5+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN CORE FRONT-END TECHNOLOGIES.
- 2+ YEARS OF REACTJS EXPERIENCE, TO INCLUDE THOROUGH
UNDERSTANDING OF REACT AND ITS CORE PRINCIPLES AND EXPERIENCE WITH
POPULAR REACT WORKFLOWS
- 1+ YEARS OF REACT NATIVE EXPERIENCE, A STRONG BACKGROUND IN
MOBILE APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT, WITH KNOWLEDGE OF INDUSTRY STANDARD
MOBILE TECHNOLOGIES, FRAMEWORKS, AND IMPLEMENTATIONS.
- EXPERIENCE WITH DEVELOPING NEW USER-FACING FEATURES USING REACT
AND REACT NATIVE
- FAMILIAR WITH THE MOBILE APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT LIFECYCLE
- BUILDING REUSABLE COMPONENTS AND FRONT-END LIBRARIES
- TRANSLATING DESIGNS AND WIREFRAMES INTO HIGH QUALITY CODE
- FAMILIARITY WITH RESTFUL APIS
- FAMILIARITY WITH MODERN FRONT-END BUILD PIPELINES AND
- EXPERIENCE WITH UNIT TESTING IN JEST.
- EXPERIENCE WITH COMMON FRONT-END DEVELOPMENT TOOLS SUCH AS
BABEL, WEBPACK, NPM, ETC.
- EXPERIENCE WORKING IN AN AGILE DEVELOPMENT ENVIRONMENT(AGILE,
SCRUM OR KANBAN PREFERRED)
- EXPERIENCE IN MENTORSHIP, LEADING CODE REVIEWS, AND
SETTING/FOLLOWING CODING STANDARDS.
NICE TO HAVE:
- KNOWLEDGE IN AWS DEVELOPMENT, WITH A FOCUS IN LAMBDA
- EXPERIENCE IN NODEJS
- EXPERIENCE WITH GOOGLE FIREBASE INTEGRATIONS.
- CI/CD KNOWLEDGE. HIGH LEVEL UNDERSTANDING OF JENKINS
- SONARQUBE INTEGRATION EXPERIENCE.
- HIGH LEVEL KNOWLEDGE OF OKTA/OAUTH2/JWT.
At Medifast, Relationships Are At The Center Of What We Do!
We thrive by elevating our connections with one another as well
as with our Coaches & Clients. We believe that everyone has the
potential to be OUTSTANDING. The Medifast culture is built on seven
core values: integrity, courage, teaming, accountability,
empowerment, partnership and diversity. These values aren't just
words on a page - they are celebrated as a core part of the
We Lead By
Mastering Relationships: We build trust, promote collaboration
and we are reliable.
Being innovative: We strive to improve things in our areas of
influence; test, refine and expand within the business strategy;
and reach beyond real and perceived boundaries.
Simplifying: We are committed to making things measurable,
repeatable and scalable; focusing on outcomes not activities; and
eliminating complexity to increase focus.
Anticipating: We predict long-term business and organizational
needs; challenge assumptions; and expect and prepare for the
More About Medifast
Medifast (NYSE: MED) is the global company behind one of the
fastest-growing health and wellness communities, OPTAVIA, which
offers scientifically developed products, clinically proven plans
and the support of Coaches and a Community to help Clients achieve
Lifelong Transformation, One Healthy Habit at a Time. Based on
nearly 40 years of experience, Medifast has redefined direct
selling by combining the best aspects of the model. Its community
of thousands of independent OPTAVIA Coaches teach Clients to
develop holistic healthy habits through the proprietary Habits of
Health Transformational System. Medifast is traded on the New York
Stock Exchange and ranked second on Fortune's 100 Fastest-Growing
Companies list in 2020 and Forbes' 100 Most Trustworthy Companies
in America list in 2017. For more information, visit
MedifastInc.com or OPTAVIA.com.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about Medifast.