Our mission is to redefine the home experience through
intelligently designed products and services delivered to every
home by people who care.
Who Are We:
Vivint is a leading smart home company in North America. Vivint
delivers an integrated smart home system with in-home consultation,
professional installation, and support delivered by its Smart Home
Pros, as well as 24/7 customer care and monitoring. Dedicated to
redefining the home experience with intelligent products and
services, Vivint serves more than 1.7 million customers.
Vivint was named to the Forbes list of "America's Best Employers
for Diversity" in 2020 and 2019, and to the Forbes list of
"America's Best Employers" in 2018. The company has a strong
commitment to philanthropy and received a 2020 Gold Halo Award from
Engage for Good for group volunteerism. Vivint is the largest tech
employer in Utah and has received multiple awards for innovation,
including being named among Fast Company's "World's 50 Most
The Buyer initiates purchase orders, manages vendor
relationships, is responsible for continuity of supply, and
identifies/problem solves commodity issues to ensure no risks to
- Manage the buying of certain electronic finished goods to
support distribution to field technicians without
- Analyze spend data and identify cost savings opportunities.
Partner with Sourcing counterparts and negotiate new
savings/sources of supply.
- Support and lead continuous improvement projects
- Resolve supply constraints and ensure suppliers'
capability/capacity to meet our needs. Help lead supplier scorecard
evaluation and coach suppliers as needed.
- Partner with Demand Planning team to ensure suppliers are
driving production and component deliveries to meet Buy Plan.
- Maintain strong working relationships and communications with
internal customers & external suppliers to confirm
production/shipping schedules and monitor open purchase orders to
ensure on-time deliveries.
- Procure goods and materials consistent with material and
- Supplier negotiations related to continuity of supply
- Manage master data, purchase order execution, expediting, and
other tasks in the day-to day management of obtaining finished
- Support in supplier quality issues
- Suggests potential suppliers to provide goods and services to
the company, including trends in commodities.
- Initiates and completes purchasing savings projects including
inventory and cost reduction projects.
- Arranges for the return, credit, or replacement of
- Promptly resolve issues causing delay in payment to
- Maintain supplier relationships that encourage participation
and contributions (processes, ideas, and improvements) and initiate
actions required to maintain their performance at a high
- Primary liaison between supplier and Vivint when quality and
supply issues arise.
- Participate with Category Management to measure supplier
- Strong communication, negotiating, and presentation
- In depth knowledge of Supply Chain processes and best
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: BS degree in Business, Supply Chain Management,
Engineering, or related field
Experience: 5 years of purchasing or material management
experience preferred, SAP experience desirable
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time away
- Your choice between Mac or PC
- Employee pricing on smart home products
- Casual dress code
- Onsite health clinic
- Medical/dental/vision/life coverage
What We Stand For:
Honesty and Integrity Come First
Do the right thing
Customer Obsession is Our Advantage
A relentless passion to serve the customer
Innovation is Essential
Today's innovation is tomorrow's lifeblood
We Win Together
Individuals win games: teams win championships
Exceptional is Expected
Talk is cheap: create value, not just motion
We Give Back
Helping people is core to our DNA
Find out more about what it's like to work here:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This
role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers,
phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Vivint enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the
responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe
working environment. Each new employee is responsible for
completing all training requirements. Additionally, the employee
must accept they have responsibility for maintaining the safety of
themselves, their co-workers, and the public. Employee must adhere
to all written and verbal instructions, promptly report and correct
all hazards or unsafe conditions, question non-standard operations
or unmitigated hazards, and provide feedback to management on all
If you are an active Vivint employee, please apply through
Workday by searching "Find Jobs".