Plant Operation Manager
Posted on: June 9, 2021
BLUvera , Mortensons vertically integrated self-perform
manufacturing and prefabrication affiliate, utilizes advanced
design, engineering, and 3D modeling to deliver and install
prefabricated construction products on Mortenson projects. By
utilizing DfMA principles (design for manufacturing and assembly),
BLUvera leverages technology in the manufacture and fabrication of
steel frame wall panels intended for load bearing and non-load
bearing applications on our project sites. We continuously strive
to enhance our offerings in prefabricated scopes of work that drive
value for BLUvera and Mortenson as a whole.
The Big Picture:
BLUvera is seeking a Plant Operations Manager who will be
responsible for leading the strategy and direction of our growing
construction products manufacturing and prefabrication plant.
What you will be doing:
- Plans, directs, and leads plant operations with an intense
focus on safety and quality while ensuring compliance with federal
and state regulations and internal company policies.
- Directs, manages and develops plant team members to ensure
efficient and safe operations of the plant. Ensures compliance with
company policies and procedures.
- Establishes, communicates, implements, and enforces safety
programs and procedures; conducts routine safety inspections and
meetings; ensures proper use and maintenance of equipment;
identifies and implements safety improvements.
- Establishes and monitors plant operating budget; analyzes costs
and material usage; develops labor models; identifies and
implements improvements to positively affect profitability.
- Recommends purchase of all capital equipment and plant
- Prepares and/or maintains various reports, records and/or logs
(e.g., budget, quality, production, environmental, safety,
- Fosters and maintains a high level of customer service through
on-time deliveries, responsiveness to customer needs and ensuring
that the quality of the shipped product meets all customer quality
- Communicates with other company resources to coordinate
activities, develop new and innovative solutions, and drive waste
out of the process.
- Employs lean methodologies and tools to accomplish business
- Becomes the company go-to resource with respect to all
construction products assembled or manufactured in the plant.
- Supports the Director of Manufacturing in the development of
business cases for new manufacturing or prefabrication
- Effectively work and build relationships with those of diverse
backgrounds and organizational levels
- All other duties as assigned
What will make you successful:
- Proven ability to independently manage plant operations.
- Track record of building a high-performing team to succeed in a
demanding, fast-moving, and growth-oriented atmosphere.
- Proven project management, problem solving, and organizational
- Demonstrated experience leading continuous improvement and
change management activities.
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills
with a proven record of building relationships and collaborating
across multiple operations and corporate support functions.
- Keen business acumen and attention to detail with a solid
record of leading change and delivering superior safety and
- Active listening skills and effective communication including
an openness to diverse input and feedback
- Experience with ERP (Oracle) software preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering (preferred), Business
Administration, or Manufacturing Management. Significant (20+
years) industry experience in assembly/manufacturing and
manufacturing leadership may be considered in lieu of a
- 5+ years of overall assembly/manufacturing experience in a
leadership role, including responsibility for safety, quality,
people development, production, financial, and inventory
Mortenson and BLUvera are EEO/Affirmative
Keywords: Mortenson, Lehi , Plant Operation Manager, Other , Lehi, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!