Associate, Brand & Brand Strategy
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Purple exists to meaningfully improve lives through true
innovation that evolves comfort from end to end. Our colorful
company culture, award-winning marketing, unique (and extremely
comfortable) technology, and incredible team make for a workplace
you'll be proud to be a part of. Purple is recognized as one of the
fastest-growing and most disruptive companies in the comfort
industry. We're looking for amazing, motivated people who will help
us improve lives and invent a better way for Purple. Come along for
The Associate of Brand & Brand Strategy will serve as a key
member of the Brand Team. This role will assist in the planning and
execution of the long-term vision and strategy for Purple. S/he
will play a crucial role in the execution of enterprise-wide
initiatives in alignment with the overarching corporate strategy.
The Associate will also serve as a brand champion and assist in the
prioritization of work streams aimed at driving unit growth and
overall brand preference. He/she will be responsible to coordinate
efforts related to the continual measurement of brand value
propositions. This role reports to the Manager of Brand
The successful candidate will work cross-functionally to create
Go-To-Market plans and communication tools across Purple's brand
platforms with the goal of creating a strong and seamless
connection between our consumer and brand initiatives. This person
will be responsible to cultivate and nurture positive relationships
both internally and externally with the goal of successfully the
communicating the vision of Purple. And by doing so, this
individual will assist in the delivery of on-brand and relevant
brand strategies for Purple.
S/he should have an understanding for how to use brand and brand
strategy to evolve Purple through dynamic, brand focused
communications that also supports business needs. This individual
embodies the Purple brand, lives and breathes the culture, and must
stay intimately aware of the competitive environment, cultural and
advertising trends; and world current events that could impact our
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the management of the long-term brand portfolio
strategy aligned to corporate objectives and 3-year growth
- Responsible to work cross functionally to effectively
communicate the Go-To-Market plans for key brand initiatives and
gain support for implementation.
- Ensure the successful execution strategic brand plans and
collaborates cross-functionally to ensure buy-in across the
organization, including, but not limited to Marketing and
Advertising, E-commerce, and owned retail.
- Monitors and analyzes performance metrics to assess the success
of brand initiatives and monitor strategic changes based on
- Continuously keeps up on industry developments and
- Coordinate product seeding logistics (shipping, delivery,
- Connect with and cultivate consumer insights (research) within
our target demographic to better identify meaningful
- Work closely with brand managers to update and maintain an
accurate Master Brand Calendar that includes all strategic
milestones and brand initiatives.
- Coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and have
flexibility to work within in an ever-changing workload while still
managing workload by effectively setting, observing, and
re-evaluating project priorities often.
- Track expenditures and needs across all initiatives to ensure
budgetary compliance, evaluate, and communicate budget status with
manager as directed.
- Provide post-initiative recap including postmortem and data
- Other duties as assigned.
- Meet all deadlines as directed.
- Problem solver: Approaches all challenges as opportunities,
with a solution-oriented mindset.
- Strong Communicator: Articulates high-level brand objectives
into channel-specific briefs, to ensure consistency
- in strategic roll-out.
- Relationship Builder: Develops and fosters strong
cross-functional workflows with key business partners.
- Passionate: A love for brand, strategy, and brand
- Creative minded: Bridges the gap between concepts to marketing
executions, through proficient brief writing.
- Objective Oriented: Builds programs (campaigns) through an
- Insights Obsessed: Translates a trend (data and cultural) into
an insight to inform program approaches and inspire
- Curious: Analyzes market research to understand consumer
- Confident: Socializes positioning recommendations, for
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or similar degree
- 1-2 years of marketing and/or event experience.
- Must be well versed in Microsoft Office Suite, especially
- Project Management program/tools experience (Basecamp,
Smartsheet) a plus.
- Self-starter who is responsible, meticulous, motivated and
- Incredible organizational skills and attention to detail, adept
at creating and managing processes and deadlines.
- Ability to tailor content for different audiences.
- Capable of handling multiple projects at once and able to deal
with ambiguity and rapidly changing priorities.
- Ownership mentality with an ability to work independently; must
be able to adjust plans and strategies according to a variety of
changing conditions, including logistical demands and management
- Travel for brand events and/or brand activations.
- Required: love for Marketing and events.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) Match
- Generous PTO
- Market Money
- Earn a Mattress
- Purple Swag
- Amazing Purple Products
WHY WORK AT PURPLE?
Make your mark: We value innovative thinking. At Purple, you
will be empowered to bring your ideas to life as we work together
to improve people's lives through comfort.
Gain unique experience: Be a part of one of the fastest-growing
companies in Utah! The contributions you make will matter at Purple
as the company continues to grow with you.
- Awesome culture: Join the tight-knit team at Purple and you can
enjoy working alongside industry experts, making close friends, and
annual employee appreciation events.
Purple provides equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
Keywords: Purple, Lehi , Associate, Brand & Brand Strategy, Other , Lehi, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!