Financial Planning Manager
Company: Purple Innovation Llc
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Purple is a digitally-native vertical brand with a mission to
help people feel and live better through innovative comfort
solutions. To us, comfort means more than great products, it means
empowering every employee to feel comfortable being themselves. We
believe your career at Purple will be a one-of-a-kind Career in
Comfort because our workforce is one-of-a-kind. We are committed to
a culture of collaboration where every voice is heard and
understood. As an innovation company at our core, we believe a
diversity workforce brings better insights, solutions and products
and serves as the backbone to bettering our company. Join with us
as we add to our team of exceptional individuals who will help us
take over the world one mattress at a time.
The Financial Planning Manager will manage the overall planning,
monitoring, and evaluation of the companys financial performance.
This involves developing and managing financial planning
procedures, as well as identifying and prioritizing recommended
actions. This position will directly influence the efficiency of
the company and its ability to meet strategic objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the AOP (annual operating plan) process, including
inputs and outputs.
- Establish and maintain department budgets and official
- Meet and communicate regularly with budget owners to execute
and track against defined budgets (for hiring, contracts,
- Help to modify department plans to fit budgeting
- Execute contingency planning (furloughs, etc.)
- Provide explanations of BvA variances and trend variances.
- Analyze and summarize official budget revisions from AOP.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Previous experience managing an AOP process required
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelors degree required (finance or related field of
- Understands comments and concerns expressed by participants
during daily activities and meetings.
- Exceptional verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Identifies key data sources and utilizes data-driven insights
about important departmental metrics to improve business
- Has superior problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in analyzing qualitative data.
- Has exceptional analytical and quantitative skills.
- Acts independently with minimal supervision.
- Exhibits dedication to helping peers succeed and demonstrates
willingness to train and mentor employees.
- Builds relationships and works well across functions.
- Has experience in a collaborative team environment with
delegating workload and responsibilities.
- Leads and manages large-scale projects.
- Manages multiple assignments simultaneously and has strong
- Prioritizes and oversees multiple projects in a fast-paced
- Employs effective time management skills and meets
- Understands business operations as well as basic corporate
accounting, finance, management principles.
- Demonstrates cross-functional expertise and thrives in a highly
- Effectively delegates authority, responsibilities, and
- Demonstrates excellence in key areas of management such as
quality management, relationship management, risk management, and
- Works with diverse stakeholders and builds strong,
collaborative relationships. Manages competing agendas and
priorities across different functional departments.
- Demonstrates a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates the capacity to manage ambiguity and shifting
priorities while remaining calm and controlled.
- Maintains direction and focus by leveraging organizational
abilities and proactive planning.
- Develops and implements innovative and creative solutions to
business problems. Encourages and expects others to think
progressively and not be limited by existing methods and
- Has a can-do attitude and a positive outlook, while minimizing
- Has a professional image and forms good partner relationships
- Demonstrates initiative and resourcefulness as a
- Can represent information in graphical forms in order to
- Demonstrates proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook,
- Has knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
(GAAP) and its applications in accounting, budgeting, and
- Has a strong background in external reporting.
- Strong financial modeling skills, especially financial
statement and cash flow information.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) Match
- Generous PTO
- Market Money
- Earn a Mattress
- Purple Swag
- Amazing Purple Products
WHY WORK AT PURPLE?
Make your mark: We value innovative thinking. At Purple,
you will be empowered to bring your ideas to life as we work
together to improve peoples lives through comfort.
Gain unique experience: Be a part of one of the fastest
growing companies in Utah! The contributions you make will matter
at Purple as the company continues to grow with you.
- Awesome culture: Join the tight-knit team at Purple and
you can enjoy working alongside industry experts, making close
friends, and annual employee appreciation events.
Purple provides equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
Keywords: Purple Innovation Llc, Lehi , Financial Planning Manager, Other , Lehi, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!