Sr. Director of FP&A
Company: Purple Innovation Llc
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Purple is a digitally-native vertical brand with a mission to
help people feel and live better through innovative comfort
solutions. To us, comfort means more than great products, it means
empowering every employee to feel comfortable being themselves. We
believe your career at Purple will be a one-of-a-kind Career in
Comfort because our workforce is one-of-a-kind. We are committed to
a culture of collaboration where every voice is heard and
understood. As an innovation company at our core, we believe a
diverse workforce brings better insights, solutions, and products
and serves as the backbone to bettering our company. Join us as we
add to our team of exceptional individuals who will help us take
over the world one mattress at a time.
The Senior Director of Financial Planning & Analysis is
responsible for leading Purples efforts to provide analysis,
insight and direction on the companys past and future financial
performance. This position will also be responsible for the
analysis and interpretation of financial trends requiring
managements attention and will independently generate models and
analysis to support theories/ideas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Originate and develop analyses to help executives better understand
financial trends and financial opportunities (e.g., cost savings,
business development, etc.). Leverage analyses to ensure that the
company meets its financial expectations and make certain Executive
leadership is fully aware of financial results (20%).
- Manage the companys annual budget process, including developing
key assumptions, working with business partners to ensure budgets
are appropriate and that operational partners establish action
plans that achieve the necessary financial outputs (20%)
- Manage the companys ongoing forecast process (20%).
- Develop Executive presentations, including investor
presentations, monthly Executive reviews and monthly Board of
Director overviews (15%).
- Primary interface with business partners to ensure appropriate
cost control, accurate forecasting, and insightful business
- Identify opportunities to automate reporting and analysis,
where possible. Drive the development and implementation of tools
that allow for increased, efficient analytical capabilities and
that allow executives to understand key financial issues in a
timely and effective manner (5%).
- Analyze industry trends and competitor strategies in order to
identify and make recommendations on opportunities (5%).
- Develop the 3- and 5-year long range plans, including
developing the appropriate models and working with executives to
reflect business trends in the financial plans (5%).
- Performs other duties/functions as assigned. Only critical
functions of this job are described above and may be subject to
change at any time due to reassignment of duties and
responsibilities, reasonable accommodation and/or other
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business (MBA a
- Special certification or strong technical skills in Adaptive,
- 10-12 years of progressively increasing responsibility in
Finance or Accounting
- 7-10 years minimum supervisory experience
- Must be able to identify necessary analysis and make
independent decisions to give direction to business partners and to
finalize direction on key spending and planning initiatives.
- Must possess the ability to understand trends and results at
both a detailed level and a strategic level, and to inter-relate
issues between the two.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills are required as
this position works with executives to first understand their
business, then to identify, assess and provide recommendations on
financial issues and opportunities. At times, this person may work
with external parties to model and explain financial trends.
- Advanced financial analysis skills including applied
- Ability to manage large projects within pre-defined
- Proven expertise in developing complex financial models and
forecasts to support corporate planning decisions
- Candidates must have the ability to assemble large volumes of
data and inputs and organize for strategic decision making with an
acute sense of urgency.
- Must have the ability and proven experience to develop staff
for advancement and identify opportunities to deploy resources
outside of FP&A.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to
lead people and get results through others.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) Match
- Generous PTO
- Market Money
- Earn a Mattress
- Purple Swag
- Amazing Purple Products
WHY WORK AT PURPLE?
Make your mark: We value innovative thinking. At Purple,
you will be empowered to bring your ideas to life as we work
together to improve peoples lives through comfort.
Gain unique experience: Be a part of one of the
fastest-growing companies in Utah! The contributions you make will
matter at Purple as the company continues to grow with you.
- Awesome culture: Join the tight-knit team at Purple and
you can enjoy working alongside industry experts, making close
friends, and annual employee appreciation events.
Purple provides equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
Keywords: Purple Innovation Llc, Lehi , Sr. Director of FP&A, Other , Lehi, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!