Xactware, a Verisk business, specializes in technologies for the
property insurance, remodeling, restoration, and mortgage and
lending industries. Xactware's tools provide claims estimating,
contents replacement, claims management, and property maintenance
solutions for desktop, mobile, and online platforms. Xactware's
services include repair cost research and reports, aerial imagery,
and real-time business intelligence. Xactware has been providing
cloud services for customers since 1995. To learn more about
Xactware please visit us at:Xactware.com. We are proud to be a part
of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk
(Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in
insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can
make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other
emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records.
We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending,
and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on
complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a
commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact
sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to
balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our
"returnship" program for experienced professionals rejoining the
workforce after time away. And, it's what drives our annual
Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market
innovations to solve our customers' problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize
value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work;
create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the
support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We
have received the Great Place to Work Certification for the fifth
consecutive year. We've been recognized by Forbes as a World's Best
Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture
of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse
workforce. Verisk's Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity
supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and
lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
- Assist and work alongside development teams as they build and
maintain software solutions. Ensuring that work is completed in a
timely manner with high quality in accordance with development
standards and operational requirements
- Accountable for proactively driving the solutions to technical
problems, and improvements within areas of responsibility in
conjunction with leadership.
- Work with leadership and the architecture team to ensure that
new and existing technologies and functionality have been properly
evaluated, with defined success criteria, and that the team can
support what they build.
- Appraise performance; address complaints; resolve problems;
reward, and discipline employees; interview, hire, train employees;
plan, assign, and direct work.
- Measure and ensure code quality, development productivity,
consistent velocity, and improvements across assigned teams.
- Delegate responsibilities as needed and hold team members
- Assists in goal setting and continuous improvement while
ensuring high engagement and satisfaction of employees.
- Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Bachelor's degree (BS) in Computer Science or comparable
discipline, or equivalent combination of education and
- A minimum of 4 year's development experience in an agile
- Proficient in both front-end and back-end programming
- 2 years' experience leading a development team is preferred but
- Ability to lead agile development teams to achieve product,
technical, and operational objectives
- Ability to manage development team velocity and work quality in
accordance with established targets
- Ability to cultivate a professional team environment with high
- Ability to coach and develop employees to reach their full
- Ability to work collaboratively with Product, Quality
Assurance, and Technical Support personnel
- Ability to organize information and effectively communicate in
both verbal and written form
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are
equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants
for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual
orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited
resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or
email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered
Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement
resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice