Our mission is to redefine the home experience through
intelligently designed products and services delivered to every
home by people who care. Who Are We: Vivint Smart Home is a leading
smart home company in North America.
Vivint delivers an integrated smart home system with in-home
consultation, professional installation and support delivered by
its Smart Home Pros, as well as 24/7 customer care and
Dedicated to redefining the home experience with intelligent
products and services, Vivint serves more than 1.7 million
customers. Vivint was named to the Forbes list of "America's Best
Employers for Diversity" in 2020 and 2019, and to the Forbes list
of "America's Best Employers" in 2018.
The company has a strong commitment to philanthropy and received
a 2020 Gold Halo Award from Engage for Good for group volunteerism.
Vivint is the largest tech employer in Utah and has received
multiple awards for innovation, including being named among Fast
Company's "World's 50 Most Innovative Companies."
The Role: Essential Functions/Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and improving network equipment and servers for
environments that support both internal and external customers
- Resolve issues regarding servers, firewalls, load balancers,
routers, switches, and other related equipment
- Participate in on-call rotation, and be an escalation point for
network issues, in particular
- Work to automate and monitor our network infrastructure
- Educate other members of the team in the network equipment we
use and support network-related troubleshooting
- Understanding of Cisco (iOS/NXOS) OR Juniper routers and
- Understanding of BGP peering and policies
- General Linux knowledge, especially as it applies to the
network (iptables rules, teaming/bonding, routing, etc.)
- Understanding of IPSec tunnels
- Understanding of automation technologies, either through
configuration management tools (such as SaltStack or Ansible) or
through scripting/coding technologies
- At least 5 years of experience, with 3 or more of those years
having a focus on networking, with a preference for datacenter
- Experience managing multiple sites with a variety of Internet
providers is highly desired Our mission is to redefine the home
experience through intelligently designed products and services
delivered to every home by people who care.
What you will be working on:
Our team manages the customer-facing backend for Vivint's smart
home and home security products. In this role, you would take the
lead on managing our diverse networking environment and working
with peerssuch asInternet providers and cell carriers to maintain
service for our customers.
Since home security is a 24/7 business, we have no scheduled
downtime, and making changes to working environments while
minimizing disruptionsfor customers is a regular need.
We have a small team where memberstend to wear many hats,so we
would like someone who could also take on some responsibilities in
terms of managing servers, general on-call responsibilities, and
working with our internal customers (mostly software developers,
butsupporting other teams as well).
Who you will work with:
You will work directly with the operations teams that support
our production environments, and keep the equivalent test
environments running. These teams are closely associated with some
peer teams that write the code that keeps these systems running and
What we're looking for:
We need someone who can take the lead in managing our network
infrastructure. To be a good fit with the team, you should enjoy
learning, care about customer impact, and be willing to advocate
for your positions on technical and practical grounds. Some
experience is needed, but we also expect a good fit for the role
would continue to learn and adapt over time.
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time away
- Your choice between Mac or PC
- Employee pricing on smart home products
- Casual dress code
- Onsite gym, gaming tables across our campus
- Onsite health clinic
- Medical/dental/vision/life coverage
If you are an active Vivint employee, please apply through
Workday by searching "Find Jobs".