Lead Software Engineer
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Purple is a digitally-native vertical brand with a mission to
help people feel and live better through innovative comfort
solutions. To us, comfort means more than great products, it means
empowering every employee to feel comfortable being themselves. We
believe your career at Purple will be a one-of-a-kind "Career in
Comfort" because our workforce is one-of-a-kind. We are committed
to a culture of collaboration where every voice is heard and
understood. As an innovation company at our core, we believe a
diversity workforce brings better insights, solutions and products
and serves as the backbone to bettering our company. Join with us
as we add to our team of exceptional individuals who will help us
take over the world - one mattress at a time.
Purple is seeking a Lead Software Engineer professional with
competency in architecting, implementing, and managing software
applications. The successful candidate will be the primary owner of
the company's OMS application and will be involved in the entire
lifecycle of the product.
- Bachelor's Degree in an appropriate field of study or
equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years professional application development experience.
code on a team as part of a production web or mobile
- Practical experience with MVC architecture, unidirectional data
flow, and minimal class/object interfaces.
- Experience writing SQL queries for MySQL or another relational
- Experience in Web Services standards and technologies (e.g.
XML, SOAP, WSDL, REST, etc.).
- Design, develop and implement unit and scenario testing for
existing code base and for new projects
- Ability to quickly understand and work with unfamiliar complex
- Ability to work within scope definition and meet
- Strong documentation skills needed for SOX compliance.
- Designs software solutions for medium to high complexity
requirements without direct guidance leveraging existing
- Develops/builds the code of high-priority and high complexity
systems according to the functional specifications, detailed
design, maintainability, and coding and efficiency standards
without direct guidance.
- Accountable for estimating, evaluating risks, and technical
task prioritization based on requirements.
- Actively partners with project manager, Quality Assurance,
and/or stakeholders to ensure quality project delivery.
- Facilitates formal code reviews to ensure standards are being
- Acts as the primary technical subject matter expert for the
internal team on areas such as system functionality and approach
including solving systems operations issues, performance
- Influences and applies system design, development, and process
- Writes and executes unit test cases to verify the basic
functionality of their or a peer's code without direct
- Creates, maintains and publishes system level documentation
without direct guidance, including system diagrams.
- Accountable for ensuring requirements are clear, concise, and
complete prior to starting development. Partners with BA and
stakeholders to evaluate feasibility. Primary accountability in
ensuring the non-functional requirements are met.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) Match
- Generous PTO
- Market Money
- Earn a Mattress
- Purple Swag
- Amazing Purple Products
WHY WORK AT PURPLE?
Make your mark: We value innovative thinking. At Purple, you
will be empowered to bring your ideas to life as we work together
to improve people's lives through comfort.
Gain unique experience: Be a part of one of the fastest-growing
companies in Utah! The contributions you make will matter at Purple
as the company continues to grow with you.
- Awesome culture: Join the tight-knit team at Purple and you can
enjoy working alongside industry experts, making close friends, and
annual employee appreciation events.
Purple provides equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
Keywords: Purple, Lehi , Lead Software Engineer, Other , Lehi, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!