Costa Vida is seeking a Human Resources Coordinator who will be
involved in the daily onboarding and offboarding of team members
along with the administration of existing risk management programs
including workers' compensation, liability, fleet services, and
safety programs. This position will foster positive relationships
with vendors, contractors, and everyone involved in the scope of
risk management. The Human Resources & Risk Coordinator will seek
ways to improve processes and provide support to the HR department.
This position may assist with other administrative duties such as
VOE's, ad hoc tasks, etc.
This position has full-time availability and makes $17.00 per
hour. Full-time positions have benefits including medical, HSA,
dental, vision, life insurance, Open PTO, and a 401(k)-matching
plan. This position will be working at Costa Vida's Lehi, Utah
corporate office. If you are looking for a fun, fast-paced, and
team-centered environment, apply today!
REPORTS TO: Human Resources Director
THE ESSENTIAL ACTIONS THAT WILL MAXIMIZE SUCCESS FOR THIS
Responsible for onboarding and offboarding employees
- Completes all daily onboarding of all store locations and
emails new hire employee number to associated restaurants.
- Enters new hire and termination information into all onboarding
systems including Synergy Suite.
- Communicates and assists General Managers with newly hired and
rehired Team Members.
- Processes all terminations and updates all systems
- Ensures I9 information is uploaded and runs the information
- Assists in training of General Managers on all Onboarding
systems including Applicant Pro, iSolved, and Synergy Suite
Assists in workers' compensation and insurance claims
- Submits injury reports when they are received. Conducts
investigations by contacting general managers to discuss all
details regarding the injury.
- Submits guest incident forms to insurance to ensure they are
aware and actively involved in the process.
- Organizes each injury into its own folder so it is easily
accessible. Attaches each claim adjuster's contact information to
its respective claim.
- Documents all injuries to analyze data for trends. Communicates
with WCF insurance representatives to discuss potential ideas to
reduce the number of claims.
- Communicates with insurance adjusters to ensure all claims are
being closed promptly. Investigates claims that have open for an
- Ensures all necessary renewal information is gathered and that
all renewal forms are accurately filled out.
- Organizes all franchisee Certificates of Insurance (COI) into
their respective folders. Notifies franchisee of any expiring
Assists in the management of Costa Vida's fleet program and
- Updates all fleet information once every quarter. Ensures all
company vehicles are being maintained and taken in by assigned
drivers when necessary.
- Informs our carrier of any new vehicles that purchases to
confirm they are covered.
- Submits vehicle insurance claims to the carrier when an
- Update driver schedules frequently to ensure all Costa Vida
drivers are documented. Sends an updated document to insurance to
note any changes.
- Distributes and collects all driver policies. Organizes these
Assists in the overall safety of Team Members and Guests
- Attends online safety seminars.
- Documents all store risk potentials and works with the
necessary department to eliminate these risks. Notifies the
department frequently until it is resolved.
- Creates safety documents and introduces them to the team.
- Works to create safety policies within the workplace.
- 0-2 years experience in Human Resources and/or Public
Health/Risk Management or comparable position.
- Knowledge of onboarding/offboarding, real property-casualty,
vehicle, life, health, workers' compensation, long-term disability,
and all related insurable risks
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you are ready to build valuable relationships with a
work-family worth bragging about, please fill out our initial
3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER