Senior Product Owner
Company: SolutionStream LLC.
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Sr. Product OwnerSUMMARYThe Senior Product Owner represents the
customer and business within the technology organization. They are
responsible for developing a comprehensive understanding of the
problems and opportunities currently presented to the business and
how their products can answer to them. A successful product owner
will be familiar with market and technology trends and will
position our company to be a leader in innovation. Product Owners
will be assigned to specific digital properties and should manage
them as you would a business line by setting goals, priorities, and
strategy as well as monitoring performance, planning lifecycle, and
anticipating challenges. They will be a key leadership member of a
development team by owning the development roadmap and setting the
backlog. They should be excellent communicators, obsessed with
their customers, and creative problem solvers.Ideally the Senior
Product Owner is familiar with ERP Systems (e.g. SAP). However as
long as the Senior Product Owner has experience with being a
product owner in a web or SaaS development environment that will
suffice. The Senior Product Owner should have a good technical
background as they will act as the CEO of their product. They will
view their product as a customer experience (i.e. shopping cart
becomes a check out experience). The Senior Product Owner should be
able to identify key business metrics to show their product as a
- Leadership - Effective meeting facilitation, workload
management, collaboration, communication, stakeholder management,
strategic thinking, professionalism, analytics, mentoring
- Customer Obsession - Leaders start with the customer and work
backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust.
Although leaders pay attention to competitors, they obsess over
- Ownership - Leaders are owners. They think long term and don't
sacrifice long-term value for short-term results. They act on
behalf of the entire company, beyond just their own team. They
never say "that's not my job".
- Problem Solving - POs are first and foremost Problem Solvers.
They seek out the root problems that must be addressed to deliver
or speed up success and conceptualize, plan, and execute
- Innovate and Simplify - Leaders expect and require innovation
and invention from their teams and always find ways to simplify.
They are externally aware, look for new ideas from everywhere, and
are not limited by "not invented here". As we do new things, we
accept that we may be misunderstood for long periods of
- Knowledgeable - POs are responsible to seek out knowledge and
understanding of markets, customers, specific subjects as assigned,
technical proficiency, and competitors.
- Building Business Cases - POs should be able to clearly define
the business case for their product including its KPIs, business
value, and relationship to other products. It is essential that
they can put those elements into various formats for communication
to their team members, other teams, and managers up to C-Level
- Analytical Skill - POs work must be data driven. It is
essential that a PO be able to identify and collect important
metrics and to interpret that data into a meaningful and accurate
narrative around their product(s). KPIs should be identified that
show product performance at a glance and support the company
- Strategy Creation and Communication - POs must be able to
survey the company landscape and strategize how their product or
yet undeveloped products can meet the growing needs of the
business. They should be seen as essential participants in strategy
meetings and be able to both assist in strategy creation as well as
communicate that strategy in a way that accomplishes buy-in.
- Market and User Research - POs should be able to perform market
and user research. They should be comfortable contacting users to
test prototypes or gather feedback on current products. They should
also be able to look at market reports, analyze them, and present a
strategy for responding to market trends.QUALIFICATIONS
- Product Owners should have the following standard product
- Agile/ Scrum Methodology and Process
- Roadmap Creation and Presentation
- Organizational Skills
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred.
- Has owned multiple products both successful and unsuccessful,
through the entire product life cycle.
- Has mentored, trained and, managed multiple other POs and
- Is capable of leading process at an organizational level as
well as managing individuals.
Keywords: SolutionStream LLC., Lehi , Senior Product Owner, Other , Lehi, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!