Company: Jones Waldo
Posted on: January 4, 2022
Jones Waldo is looking for an experienced legal assistant to
support attorneys in our Lehi office. This position will be
responsible for managing a cases spanning a variety of legal
fields, including (without limitation) family law, tax, business,
and intellectual property.The legal assistant supports multiple
attorneys with calendaring/docketing, e-filings, and maintaining
electronic and paper case and transactional files.
- Open new case files, including: coordinate conflict of interest
checks, tracking potential new clients and preparing case
- Maintain a structured docketing system and case management
- Schedule all appointments including all hearing dates,
mediations, telephone conferences, and client meetings.
- Serves as a point of contact for the attorneys, clients and
other personnel concerning the cases.
- Read, sort, date and appropriately route incoming mail as well
as properly route outgoing mail and coordinate items to be
- Document and input attorney billable time as well as review,
edit, and finalize all client invoices.
- Document preparation including bates stamping, redacting,
hyperlinks and creating pleading files.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proofreading and document revisions
- E-filing with state and federal courts
- Drafting correspondence
- Greeting clients and answering incoming calls
- Other duties as assignedQualification:
- Graduation from high school or its equivalent and a minimum of
two years of experience as a legal assistant.
- Knowledge of county, state and federal court filing guidelines
and district court e-filing.
- Comprehensive knowledge of court procedures, legal documents,
and court rules.
- Ability to proof read and draft basic documents and
- Family law experience is highly preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel skills. Knowledge of
formatting memos, letters, and using templates.
Keywords: Jones Waldo, Lehi , Legal Assistant, Legal , Lehi, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!