Senior Director, Corporate and Securities Counsel
Company: Ancestry.com Inc.
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Senior Director, Corporate and Securities Counsel When you join
Ancestry, you join a human-centered company where every person's
story is important. We believe that by discovering the struggles
and triumphs of our past, we can foster deeper bonds and more
meaningful connections among families and communities. Our talented
team of scientists, engineers, genealogists, historians, and
storytellers is dedicated to empowering customers around the world
from all backgrounds on their journeys of personal discovery. With
more than 27+ billion digitized global historical records, 100
million family trees, and 18 million people in our growing
AncestryDNA database, Ancestry helps customers discover their
family story--and gain a new level of understanding about their
lives.--Passionate about dedicating your work to enriching people's
lives? You belong at Ancestry. Ancestry is seeking a corporate and
securities attorney with 8+ years of experience for the position of
Senior Director, Corporate and Securities Counsel. This person will
be based in Ancestry's Lehi, UT office, and will report directly to
the General Counsel. The Senior Director will be a true business
partner, having a meaningful impact on the organization by
supplying sound business advice, excellent negotiation skills, and
well-informed advice on corporate transactional and securities
matters. What You Will Do:
- General corporate advice;
- Supporting debt and equity financing transactions, including
legal management of credit facilities, term loans and equity
offerings, including initial public offerings;
- Public company reporting, including 10-K's, 10-Q's, proxy
statements and Section 16 filings;
- Working with HR and benefits teams on employee equity
- Supporting General Counsel on matters related to the board of
directors and board committees;
- Mergers and acquisitions;
- Management of domestic and international corporate
- Advising finance, tax, treasury and accounting on a range of
- Managing and advising on corporate governance and enterprise
risk management matters;
- Negotiating and advising on a wide range of commercial
agreements focusing on content acquisition, technology licenses and
- Advising the business on escheatment and antitrust issues;--
Who You Are:
- JD and top academic credentials.
- Admission to a State Bar.
- 8+ years of relevant corporate transactional and securities
- At least 3 years of foundational training with a leading
national law firm.
- Prior in-house experience preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, to take on big
challenges and complex projects and to be accountable for results,
while meeting demanding deadlines and balancing multiple tasks in a
- Sound and practical business judgment and the ability to
provide business-oriented, practical legal advice.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage and/or oversee outside counsel.
Additional Information: Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer
that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color,
religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age,
mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or
veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In
addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals with disabilities. All job offers are
contingent on a background check screen that complies with
applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to
the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for
employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms
for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search
firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any
form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in
place for this position will be deemed the sole property of
Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired
by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other
Keywords: Ancestry.com Inc., Lehi , Senior Director, Corporate and Securities Counsel, Legal , Lehi, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!