Consultant, Technical Solutions
Posted on: November 19, 2022
This is an individual contributor role responsible for solving
complex problems and taking a broad perspective to identify
innovative solutions. This role serves as a technical/functional
specialist and works independently with guidance only in the most
complex situations. Considered the functional expert for their
client's processing and operational business. This role provides
tactical support to financial institutions and partners for Visa
B2B Connect product. Candidate is responsible to be a subject
matter expert and consultant to financial institution clients,
ensuring clients' objectives are achieved.
B2B Connect is Visa's high-value, cross-border payments solution
which is designed to give financial institutions a simple, fast and
secure way to process cross-border business-to-business payments
globally.This role has responsibility for end-to-end client
delivery and operations.This role requires knowledge of bank
international payment operations, international wire payments and
interbank correspondent bank operations.The role calls
collaboration and partnership with cross-functional leadership
across Client Services, Sales, Product, and Technology.The
candidate should understand industry best practices and have
client-facing technical consulting experience, and demonstrate
breadth of knowledge in transaction banking and treasury management
solutions.Requires client-focused mindset.
- The Sr. Account Manager serves as primary contact and initial
escalation point (available 24x7) for clients for all day-to-day
support of allB2B Connectproduct, services, processing questions
and issues and leads internal and external recovery efforts of
product and/or processing service interruptions.
- Provides high value customer service support on day-to-day
items to financial institutions and internal staff to ensure
customer expectations are exceeded, advocate on behalf of the
- Proactively notify clients regarding any widespread or business
critical problems with the application, as well as scheduled
periodic maintenance outages
- Considered the functional expert for their client's operational
- Provide insight and input within cross functional Visa
organizations for new or changing products and services which may
- Lead complex cross functional customer service delivery
initiatives across clients and Visa internal teams
- Act as liaison for the clients, provide problem management,
proactive identification of processing efficiencies, service change
support and system enhancement support.
- Represent client perspective within Visa organization to ensure
enhancements are prioritized
- Coordinate internal resources to accomplish Visa and client
objectives, and ensure processing system/platform performance
standards are met and that the client perspective is represented
within the organization.
- Provide proactive planning and operational support to ensure
that both the client and Visa are operating in the most effective
and cost efficient manner while managing costs and increasing
- Stay current with industry and client trends and maintain a
strong knowledge of the B2B Connect product and service.
- Represent complex customer change requests, system or
operational requirements, negotiate and manage expectations
internally and externally.
- Develop and manage strategic planning, operational initiatives,
special projects and client-driven continuous improvement
- Identify and analyze processing issues with client impacts,
consistently communicate situational status and resolution, advise
on SLA performance both internally and externally and develop
improvement plans to address chronic client problems.
- Support business enhancements and mandates.
- Ensure prompt and comprehensive resolution of client inquiries
as well as create and maintain updated support documentation -
meeting required deadlines
- Proactively identify operational opportunities and implement
recommendations to increase service quality and efficiency
- Report customer project accomplishments and deliverables to
- Educate and train clients on best practices for all supported
- Perform ongoing proactive operational reviews
- Role will mostly be technical in nature but will be expected to
support team in finding trends and opportunities to bring the
client's operational support closer to a strategic level.
- Bridge the knowledge gap between the business personnel at the
bank and their technology counterparts
- Need for SME who can develop closer relationships with Product
& Sales teams.
- Coach all new staff and recognize training opportunities for
- Provide leadership and communication, responsible for
escalating to department management when issues arise that might
jeopardize problem resolution
- Available to travel 10-20% of the time or as needed to support
business, based on assigned clients.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time
between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are
expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and
Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of
the time based on business needs.
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor's
Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced
degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience
with a PhD
- MUST have Understanding of transaction banking, large Wire
payments, International Transaction Management, SWIFT, and Cash /
Treasury Management solutions and operations
- 7-10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 6
years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters,
MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Experience in bank international payment operations with
in-depth knowledge of international wire payment operations, cash
management operations and interbank correspondent bank
- Experience with international payment operations teams
- Functional experience in in back office operations, settlement
and reconciliation processes
- Knowledge in secure communication protocol such as SFTP, FTP/S
and HTTPS a plus.
- Must be a self-starter with proven abilities in organizational,
conceptual, and logical problem solving
- Ability to manage assignments that are of diverse scope and
complexity that require significant initiative and good
- Ability to set priorities and manage customer expectations
internally and externally, and work both as part of a team and
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to absorb technical
information and apply to business solutions.
- Superb proficiency with troubleshooting and resolving complex
- Proficiency providing technical and consultative support to
external customers and identify business needs.
- Public speaking skills
- Customer focus with proven ability to establish productive
working relationships with staff and management at all levels.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a complex organization to
determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution
to meet those needs.
- While this is a customer service role (not IT), experience in
troubleshooting complex web applications, application programing
interfaces (APIs) gateways, integration or environment issues is a
- Strong skills in Excel for data analysis.
- Advance Power point for professional presentations.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the
health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition
of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be
fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is
approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel5-10% of the
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an
office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and
stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently
operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and
applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local
law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco
Keywords: Visa, Lehi , Consultant, Technical Solutions, IT / Software / Systems , Lehi, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!