Senior Software Engineer (US) - Backend (Go)
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Consensus is changing the way sales functions. Consensus provides
intelligent demo automation software that helps our customers scale
presales. Using Consensus, sales engineering teams build a library
of interactive content that sales can send out on demand. This
reduces unqualified demos and lag time for prospects to near zero
and shortens sales cycles by as much as 68%.
We are an agile shop using some of the best technologies available
to provide the best possible user experience to our customers. We
need bright, driven, innovative engineers to join the team and help
us extend the platform, build cool new features and ensure our
system meets the scale requirements of our rapidly growing
Consensus is a fast-growing SaaS company based in the United
States. We help sales engineers reduce wasted time doing repetitive
unqualified demos so they can do more of what they do best:
Sales engineers everywhere struggle with increasing demand for
demos. Consensus is the leader in demo automation software that
makes it easy to create, send, and track interactive demos that the
sales team sends out on-demand. Consensus automatically
personalizes the experience and tracks engagement, bringing
prospects to live demos better educated and ready to talk
specifics. Customers have reduced unqualified demos to near zero,
doubled their Preasles productivity without increasing headcount,
reduced sales cycles by 68%, and increased close rates by 27%.
About The Role
If you are a top-notch software engineer that loves solving tough
technical problems while working with passionate, driven people,
then this position might be a good fit for you. This position will
be responsible for helping Consensus meet aggressive scale and
platform growth challenges. You will use some of the best
technologies available and will have an opportunity to shape the
architectural future of a fast-growing, industry-leading
What You'll Do
- Apply your skills with Golang to build high-quality,
well-tested, scalable and powerful back-end services, database
interactions, and analytics.
- Work with product managers to flush out requirements and create
balanced delivery iterations.
- Interact with front-end engineers to help design API contracts
to support user workflows.
- Create unit tests and work with both manual and automated QA to
ensure new features and services work as expected. Improve the
existing codebase to have better and higher quality test
- Cooperate with architects and DevOps to improve overall system
- Contribute to our architectural roadmap, to ensure we have a
scalable, performant, maintainable, and secure application.
- Mentor and coach less experienced engineers in best practices
and established patterns.
- Debug production systems as needed.
- Improve the system through better alerting, monitoring, and
- Avoiding and removing the accrual of technical debt in our
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 4+ years of related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Good communication skills, a strong work ethic, and a
commitment to holding yourself and your team accountable.
- An expert level understanding of Golang (strongly preferred) or
other enterprise-level back-end language (e.g. Java, C#, C++).
- A firm grasp of solid architectural principles for back-end
- Well versed in abstraction, encapsulation, polymorphism,
inheritance, closures and other commonly applied principles.
- Mastery-level understanding of REST and API development. Strong
skills in building well designed APIs.
- Strong debugging skills and the ability to detect and make
- A pragmatic approach to feature development, architectural
improvement, and system evolution.
- A good understanding of Git and pull request workflows,
including continuous integration.
- A solid understanding and practical experience applying the
agile methodology to projects.
- Strong skills in the terminal for unix or linux-based operating
systems, including script writing and command-line tools.
- Experience with eventing frameworks like Kafka is a plus.
- Experience with docker, kubernetes or other container-based
- Experience working with cloud technologies, such as AWS.
- Quality-minded, with the ability to elevate others in areas
like effective boundary condition testing and test-driven
- Very strong skills with SQL. Experience with other types of
databases (noSQL, graph, etc.) is also preferred.
AT CONSENSUS, YOU'LL GET
- Generous employer contribution towards health insurance, with
multiple plans to choose from (dental and vision coverage available
- FSA/HSA programs available to maximize your tax savings
- Guaranteed stock options
- 401k with match contribution
- Every other Friday off
- Unlimited PTO
- 2 days off each year to volunteer at a charity of your
- Birthdays off
- Paid Parental Leave to prioritize your family
- Flexible/Remote work environment
- Company provided a "best-in-class" WFH setup
- Professional Development program
Keywords: Consensus, Lehi , Senior Software Engineer (US) - Backend (Go), IT / Software / Systems , Lehi, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!