Senior Software Engineer (US) - Backend (Go)
Posted on: August 1, 2022
About UsDescriptionConsensus is changing the way sales
functions. Consensus provides intelligent demo automation software
that helps our customers scale presales. Using Consensus, sales
engineering teams build a library of interactive content that sales
can send out on demand. This reduces unqualified demos and lag time
for prospects to near zero and shortens sales cycles by as much as
68%.We are an agile shop using some of the best technologies
available to provide the best possible user experience to our
customers. We need bright, driven, innovative engineers to join the
team and help us extend the platform, build cool new features and
ensure our system meets the scale requirements of our rapidly
growing business.Consensus is a fast-growing SaaS company based in
the United States. We help sales engineers reduce wasted time doing
repetitive unqualified demos so they can do more of what they do
best: solution consulting.Sales engineers everywhere struggle with
increasing demand for demos. Consensus is the leader in demo
automation software that makes it easy to create, send, and track
interactive demos that the sales team sends out on-demand.
Consensus automatically personalizes the experience and tracks
engagement, bringing prospects to live demos better educated and
ready to talk specifics. Customers have reduced unqualified demos
to near zero, doubled their Preasles productivity without
increasing headcount, reduced sales cycles by 68%, and increased
close rates by 27%.About The RoleIf you are a top-notch software
engineer that loves solving tough technical problems while working
with passionate, driven people, then this position might be a good
fit for you. This position will be responsible for helping
Consensus meet aggressive scale and platform growth challenges. You
will use some of the best technologies available and will have an
opportunity to shape the architectural future of a fast-growing,
industry-leading company.What You'll Do
- Apply your skills with Golang to build high-quality,
well-tested, scalable and powerful back-end services, database
interactions, and analytics.
- Work with product managers to flush out requirements and create
balanced delivery iterations.
- Interact with front-end engineers to help design API contracts
to support user workflows.
- Create unit tests and work with both manual and automated QA to
ensure new features and services work as expected. Improve the
existing codebase to have better and higher quality test
- Cooperate with architects and DevOps to improve overall system
- Contribute to our architectural roadmap, to ensure we have a
scalable, performant, maintainable, and secure application.
- Mentor and coach less experienced engineers in best practices
and established patterns.
- Debug production systems as needed.
- Improve the system through better alerting, monitoring, and
- Avoiding and removing the accrual of technical debt in our
systems.RequirementsWHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 4+ years of related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Good communication skills, a strong work ethic, and a
commitment to holding yourself and your team accountable.
- An expert level understanding of Golang (strongly preferred) or
other enterprise-level back-end language (e.g. Java, C#, C++).
- A firm grasp of solid architectural principles for back-end
- Well versed in abstraction, encapsulation, polymorphism,
inheritance, closures and other commonly applied principles.
- Mastery-level understanding of REST and API development. Strong
skills in building well designed APIs.
- Strong debugging skills and the ability to detect and make
- A pragmatic approach to feature development, architectural
improvement, and system evolution.
- A good understanding of Git and pull request workflows,
including continuous integration.
- A solid understanding and practical experience applying the
agile methodology to projects.
- Strong skills in the terminal for unix or linux-based operating
systems, including script writing and command-line tools.
- Experience with eventing frameworks like Kafka is a plus.
- Experience with docker, kubernetes or other container-based
- Experience working with cloud technologies, such as AWS.
- Quality-minded, with the ability to elevate others in areas
like effective boundary condition testing and test-driven
- Very strong skills with SQL. Experience with other types of
databases (noSQL, graph, etc.) is also preferred.BenefitsAT
CONSENSUS, YOU'LL GET
- Generous employer contribution towards health insurance, with
multiple plans to choose from (dental and vision coverage available
- FSA/HSA programs available to maximize your tax savings
- Guaranteed stock options
- 401k with match contribution
- Every other Friday off
- Unlimited PTO
- 2 days off each year to volunteer at a charity of your
- Birthdays off
- Paid Parental Leave to prioritize your family
- Flexible/Remote work environment
- Company provided a "best-in-class" WFH setup
- Professional Development program
Keywords: Consensus, Lehi , Senior Software Engineer (US) - Backend (Go), IT / Software / Systems , Lehi, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!