Technical Services Engineer, FlashBlade
Company: Pure Storage
Posted on: June 25, 2022
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID
vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries
rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the
most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by
partnering with Pure Storage. Pure's vision is to redefine the
storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people
consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50%
of the Fortune 500, we've only scratched the surface of our
Pure Is Blazing Trails And Setting Records
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in
the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to
innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top
1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure's leadership across
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster,
stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say "bring it on" to exciting challenges that
change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make
What You Will Be Doing
Pure Storage has Support centers in Mountain View, CA, Lehi, UT,
and Dublin, Ireland. We are looking for a senior Technical Support
Engineer to join our 24x7 Support team. You will be part of the
best Support team in the industry. Our culture focuses on 5 key
values - Persistence, Creativity, Teamwork, Ownership, and Customer
First. You will work on problems of diverse scope where analysis
will include hardware, software, and environmental factors with in
our Flash Blade product. Our Support Engineers utilize their deep
technical expertise to troubleshoot customer issues and resolve
them. Successful Support Engineers will be able to build strong
networks across different departments in the company.
- Proactively seek to understand customer expectations.
- Answer and resolve support cases across all severity
- Own and track customer issues using our ticket tracking
- Own all customer facing communications, ensuring the message is
concise and professional.
- Shares, and documents knowledge via FAQ / KB articles, which
can be internal or customer facing.
- Develops junior support engineers through training, and
- Manage multiple projects/support cases simultaneously.
- Champion customer issues internally, and represent the company
- Leads large multi participant customer calls, including hot
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work,
general instructions on new assignments
- Weekend, holiday, and on call duties as required.
What You Bring To The Team
- Minimum two years of experience in customer-facing, technical
- Subject Matter Expert in one or more technologies.
- Proven ability to resolve customer problems, and escalations
utilizing appropriate internal and external resources.
- Proven technical troubleshooting skills in a complex
- Experience in supporting both hardware, and software
- Ability to triage issues, and escalate them to appropriate
engineering groups as necessary
- Advanced to expert knowledge of technologies such as operating
systems (Solaris, LINUX, Windows, VMware), LANs & WANs, and storage
- Advanced knowledge and ability to troubleshoot Networking,
Replication, Performance and Space issues.
- Demonstration of subject matter expertise in one or more of the
following: NFS, S3, SMB, LDAP, IPv6.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (IT, Computer Science,
etc.) or relevant experience.
BE YOU-CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an
impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice
and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and
celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn,
develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is
an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing
field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and
professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good
Foundation gives back to local and global communities through
volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best
self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy
balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and
company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they
need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after
meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe
you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the
laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you
may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com .
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information
you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate
Personal Information Protection Notice .
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance
with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not
currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are
unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE'S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure's policies, current and anticipated federal
regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health
and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the
community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and
contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you
require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must
initiate Pure's exemption request process which will determine if
an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local,
state, and/or federal law.
Keywords: Pure Storage, Lehi , Technical Services Engineer, FlashBlade, IT / Software / Systems , Lehi, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!