FamilySearch Software Dev Engineer 5 (Search Team) - Contract
Company: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Posted on: November 16, 2020
FamilySearch is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to
join our team that designs and develops our large-scale Search
systems and is heavily involved in many aspects of Big Data
processing. Responsibilities include designing and developing
features that enhance the patron's search experience, and increase
system scale/performance and improve system reliability. Excellent
leadership, communication, engineering and debugging skills will be
critical for this engineer.
This individual works with divine guidance to provide or support
technology that furthers the mission of the Church and reflects the
eternal impact of the gospel.
We create inspiring experiences that bring joy to all people as
they discover, gather, and connect their family - past, present,
Our Quality Standards: Inspiration, Trust, Kindness, Effectiveness,
All workers at FamilySearch learn to find their ancestors and help
others do the same.
Lead one or more teams in the design and development of assigned
software development tasks
Work with the technical lead in the establishment of architectures,
standards, and best practices
As a member of a software engineering team, participate in team
meetings, team planning sessions, setting team goals, and all other
Estimate the time to develop and deliver features as defined by
Participate in peer reviews of project software design and
Develop source code and unit tests according to technical
Self-directed and can provide classroom instruction in the areas of
Church software development processes, industry best practices, and
new technologies being adopted for the organization
Provide formal training, mentoring, or pair programming with other
less experienced engineers
Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience;
- 8+ years of industry recognized, progressive and relevant
- 3+ years of specialized experience in the technologies and
methodologies of the product platform processes
- Prior experience in a software developer leadership.
- Concurrent Java programming experience
- Strong Linux experience
- Ability to direct the work in defining logic and algorithms to
create programming solutions and designing modules and implementing
them within the overall architecture.
- Must have significant engineering experience (multiple major
releases) in the primary areas of an n-tier enterprise system, e.g.
interface, domain logic and database layers.
- Must be able to architect entire systems and subsystems
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with Search technologies (Lucene, Solr,
Elasticsearch or other similar technologies).
- Experience with Spark, Amazon EMR or other MapReduce
- Experience with messaging systems (Kafka, Amazon Kinesis, SQS
- Experience with relational databases (Postgres)
- Experience with Cloud Computing (Amazon AWS)
- Software development and test engineering experience on large
- Development or automated testing of n-tier distributed Java
- Extensive knowledge of applicable software, computer languages,
and code to perform the responsibilities of the role
- To successfully perform the essential functions of the job
there may be physical requirements which need to be met such as
sitting for long periods of time and using computer
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
and currently temple worthy.
Posting Notice/More Info.Benefits provided by contracting employer.
Free to apply and be considered for direct hire positions during
Keywords: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Lehi , FamilySearch Software Dev Engineer 5 (Search Team) - Contract, IT / Software / Systems , Lehi, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!