Senior Software Engineer
Posted on: October 17, 2020
Title: Senior Software Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Workfront is the work management application platform for the
enterprise, helping people do their best work so companies can
thrive in a digital world. Workfront is built for people,
effortlessly connecting teams and easily integrating into existing
applications and systems. The ability to see, measure, and analyse
critical factors such as resources, outcomes, and priorities keeps
everyone on the same page, with a clear understanding of why their
As a Software Engineer at Workfront, you will work with your
Engineering team and partner with Product Management to take ideas
for Workfront s products and turn them into realized features in
our Work Automation Cloud platform. You will work in an Agile
environment and estimate assigned work, create designs, provide
task breakdowns, provide limited support in our Java monolith,
create and maintain microservices to support our various
HTML5), multiple frameworks (Docker, Kubernetes), and data
technologies (RDBMS, NoSQL, Kafka, ElasticSearch).
As a Senior Software Engineer, you are more than just a coder. In
addition to your software engineering responsibilities, you are
also expected to guide a small to the medium-sized team to deliver
in a product area by helping identify dependencies and risks for
the group, being a planning consultant to the project managers,
recommending improvements to our engineering practices and helping
other engineers become more proficient in solving specific
What You Will Do:
* Create new features using our development technologies that will
delight and inspire marketers, IT professionals, and other
knowledge workers worldwide.
* Create engineering designs that solve complex problems.
* Fix occasional bugs in our SaaS platform - when your day was only
somewhat less than awesome and unspeakably incredible.
* Debate the optimal design and ideal user experience for a variety
of unrealized features identified by our Product friends. Or
propose some ideas of your own!
* Find the best way to test your work to ensure that, not only does
it work as advertised, but will continue to work and perform at
mass scale when thousands upon thousands of people are using it at
the same time.
* Lead discussions with your team about what emerging tools,
technologies, and processes are coming that may impact how we
improve our products and our SaaS platform in the future.
* Provide your well-considered opinions to the creation and
modification of our technology roadmaps.
* Be involved in company wide initiatives and help to achieve
* Set high standards for the team in terms of performance, quality
and engineering practices (code reviews, pair programming,
* Find the ways to continuously improve our SaaS platform.
* Help and train other engineers.
* Respect and do your work with our core company values.
* At the end of a release, as the rest of the company is validating
that, in fact, you and your team s work is indeed awesome and
unspeakably incredible, take some time to do some research, train
in new technology, participate in a team-building exercise with
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering (or
equivalent education) or equivalent work experience.
* 5-7 years of programming experience with 3+ years of recent
* Experience with SQL to retrieve data, demonstrable knowledge of
data structures and algorithms to process the data for
visualization and further consumption
* Working experience with CI/CD pipelines (GitLab)
* Experience with Docker or Kubernetes
* Experience with logging/monitoring tools (Splunk, Grafana,
* Be able to prove that you can take a problem and architect a
plan, calling out assumptions, discussing design alternatives and
considering non-functional aspects of the system (e.g. Performance,
* Experience optimizing software to run fast, be reliable and fail
safely O(n) analysis should not be new to you.
* Have a unique experience in real-time or massively distributed
systems, public cloud, or PaaS systems like AWS, GCP or Azure,
databases, or big data.
* Demonstrate extraordinary communication skills to the point where
we feel that, not only can you talk to engineers, but to the CEO
and everyone in between and do credit to our organization.
* Convince us that you have successfully led measurable and,
preferably, dramatic improvements in the engineering practices of a
software team and that you have the passion and drive to do it
* Show that you are a person who, upon seeing a problem, moves
quickly to solve it instead of waiting for permission and specific
instructions from others.
* To us, the Workfront values are more than just words on a wall;
they best describe who we are and how we get our work done.
* Do great work; Commit to excellence. Think big. Boldly
* Obsess over customers; Without customers, we don t exist.
* Win together; Individuals win occasionally, but teams win
consistently.U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information
(Completion is voluntary)
Individuals seeking employment at Workfront are considered without
regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex,
marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran
status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, and you are being
given the opportunity to provide the following information in order
to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other
Keywords: Workfront, Lehi , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Lehi, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!