Company: Mountainland Technical College
Posted on: May 13, 2022
MOUNTAINLAND TECHNICAL COLLEGEInvites applications for the
position of: Surgical TechnologistHours: 28 hours a week (Monday -
Friday)Location: 2301 W. Ashton Blvd Lehi, Utah 84043 Status:
Part-Time/ Non-ExemptWage: $20.03 /hourResponsibilities include but
are not limited to:
- Instructs Surgical Technology students using approved
curriculum during Didactic/Classroom, Laboratory, and Clinical
- Documents, and maintains records, in the designated student
information system, regarding student attendance, classroom
progress, performance, and student outcomes
- Distribute course materials; administer tests (if applicable);
provide students with instruction evaluation tools.
- Demonstrates and explains skills related to their use in the
- Reinforces safe practices in the surgical setting for both the
student and the surgical patient by adhering to current standards
- Maintains a clean and orderly training area; including
monitoring the use of supplies and equipment and installing,
setting up, and maintaining equipment as appropriate.
- Works cooperatively within the College community.
- Interacts with students in an atmosphere of open
- Maintains required certification status and/or meets
accreditation standards relevant to the program.Qualifications:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- This/these individual(s) should hold a current, surgical
technology-specific credential that is accredited by the National
Commission on Certifying Agencies (NCCA) in addition to any other
credentials a person may currently retain and/or are required by
the sponsoring institution, institutional accreditor(s), and/or
state approval agency, if applicable.
- Minimum of three years of recent experience as a Certified
Surgical Technologist. Experience may include in the operating room
in the scrub role or two  years of current experience as an
instructor of surgical technology or a combination of both.
- Prior teaching experience is preferred.The only surgical
technology-specific credentials that are accredited by the NCCA are
the Certified Surgical Technologist (CST ) credential and the joint
Certified Surgical Technologist/Certified Surgical First Assistant
(CST /CSFA) credential.MTECH maintains the right to conduct a
criminal history background check; employment is contingent upon
background check resultsNon-Discrimination StatementMountainland
Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and
activities. The following person has been designated to handle
inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies:Justin
BrowningInquiries may also be sent to:2301 Ashton BlvdLehi, UT
84043Phone: 801-753-4137Office for Civil Rights, Denver OfficeU.S
Department of EducationCesar E. Chavez Memorial Building1244 Speer
Boulevard, Suite 310Denver, CO 80204-3582Phone: 303-844-5695 (TDD:
Keywords: Mountainland Technical College, Lehi , Surgical Technologist, Healthcare , Lehi, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!