Director, Product Marketing
Company: Spot AI
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Director, Product Marketing
Who We Are:
Founded in 2018 by engineers from Stanford, Cisco Meraki, and
Samsara, Spot AI is the fastest growing Video Intelligence company
in the U.S. We are upending the $30 billion video surveillance
market with an AI Camera System to help people at work create
safer, smarter organizations. In the process, we're disrupting
video security to create a new category of Video Intelligence.
We are experiencing tremendous growth and are deployed at thousands
of locations across businesses in 17 different verticals, ranging
from local businesses to Fortune 500s. Our customers range from
warehousing and healthcare to nonprofits and car washes including
SpaceX, ExtraSpace Storage, WineDirect, YMCA, and Veg Fresh
We've recently to continue to transform how organizations use their
video footage. We're backed by Scale Venture Partners, Redpoint
Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, StepStone Group, and MVP
Ventures. Please explore for more!
Who You Are:
- You are customer-obsessed and appreciate the chance to own,
develop and iterate on the entire product marketing
- You welcome the challenge of creating and cultivating a new
product category (in this case, Video Intelligence);
- You engage cross functionally and bridge communications and
decisions with Product, Demand Generation, Sales and Customer
- You use customer research to influence programs around pricing
and packaging, positioning and messaging, product launches, and all
other assets that support successful GTM efforts;
- You act as the voice of the customer because you dive deeply
into their needs and problem spaces, enabling you to identify
target personas, document them, and educate and align our internal
teams around them;
- You develop meaningful market analysis and deep competitive
intelligence that drive differentiated, high value products and
features, and allows you to participate in the launch cycle from
end to end;
- You enjoy creating high performing teams, and welcome the
opportunity to report into our founding team, as well as
collaborate with the full founding and executive teams
- In short, you are a passionate product marketing leader, ready
to make an impact at a well-positioned startup.
What Excites You:
- Creating a new category of products that makes video footage
useful to people at work and disrupts existing players in the
rapidly growing, ever-evolving video security market.
- Playing a mission-critical role in defining GTM strategies
across various segments and verticals in a large, untapped
- Driving and refining a GTM motion to target upmarket
- A high-velocity work environment with a continuous stream of
new product releases and customers.
- Working with a world-class, high performing team in a
collaborative and fun environment.
- Recruiting and retaining a powerful product marketing team.
What Gets Our Attention:
- A track record of translating market understanding into action:
You've successfully developed and driven the adoption of company
and product-level positioning and messaging frameworks. You have
experience building competitive + market intelligence programs.
You've worked with PMs to develop market intelligence and business
cases to inform roadmap development.
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to influence
others as appropriate. You have experience transforming complex
concepts, features, and capabilities into value-based messages and
compelling narratives. You have excellent presentation and
interpersonal skills, with the ability to present to audiences of
all levels and sizes (company-wide to Executive team). You can tell
powerful customers stories that couple deep empathy with powerful
written and verbal communication skills. You're a
relationship-builder and excel at bringing together team members of
all seniority levels and driving execution against a common
- Strong project management and cross-functional operational
skills. You have experience leading complex, cross-functional
initiatives from start to finish, consistently meeting deadlines.
You work effectively across Marketing / Growth, Sales, CS, and
- Natural curiosity, resourcefulness, and adaptability. You're
eager to dive in and solve problems, talk to people, do research,
and then share what you've learned and turn insights into action.
You have a can-do attitude and have an ability, eagerness and
willingness to learn.
- 5+ years of B2B product marketing experience: You have a
successful and demonstrable track record of working with customers
from mid-market to enterprise.
- People management experience: You've had responsibility for
hiring and managing others.
What's In It For You:
- Base Salary Range: $160,000 - $220,000 annually. Offered salary
will be based on the offered candidate's demonstrated attributes
and competencies related to the role, as well as the offered
candidate's geographical location within the United States. Your
recruiting partner can share more details about the compensation
range as it relates to your geography once your interview process
- A 20% annual bonus opportunity
- Generous early stage equity
- 401K with Employer Match
- Flexible and supportive time off practices, including
self-managed PTO and a 14-week new parent leave policy
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Remote work flexibility, including a stipend to set up your
ideal home office if you are not working from our office in Lehi,
What We Value:We operate under a trio of company values:
- Customer First, Always. We are relentlessly curious about our
customer's goals, and seek the simplest solutions to solve their
- Own Your Outcomes. We bias towards action, move fast, and
iterate. Everyone on our team is empowered to make decisions.
- It's a team effort. We help each other succeed. We leverage
each other's strengths to accomplish big goals together.
And, we are creating and cultivating a diverse and inclusive
culture where we celebrate individuals for what they accomplish, no
matter who they are! As an equal opportunity employer, we do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Come join our journey!
Keywords: Spot AI, Lehi , Director, Product Marketing, Executive , Lehi, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!