Company: Dish Network
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Department Summary About Dish Our Vision is to change the way
the world communicates. Our Mission is to connect people and
things. We are reimagining the way people watch TV with services
like Sling and AirTV. We are redefining the boundaries of
communication and connectivity too, with our planned green field 5G
cloud native network build out and the Internet of Things. Nothing
is out of our reach, and the opportunity to shape the future of
entertainment and technology has never been more tangible.
Job Duties and Responsibilities About the position Our mission is
to build a modern, hybrid cloud enterprise platform for all DISH to
consume. Our environment is...
- Highly elastic
- Based on some latest and greatest cloud native
- Very fast paced Your team will be...
- Building a cloud native, web scale platform and the tooling
that surrounds it
- Enabling CI/CD pipelines for a large complex set of diverse
- Building a next generation cloud platform based on Docker,
Rancher, Kubernetes, Consul and Vault.
- Driving a customer centric, highly personalized approach to the
evolution of our platform
- Delivering Big Data Pipelines using Kafka, ELK Stack and AWS as
- Delivering software in an agile environment, continuously
- Helping application development, operations, testing &
infrastructure teams realize what being "cloud native" is all
- Helping operations & infrastructure realize what this new
environment is all about and get them to a level of comfort with it
Skills, Experience and Requirements To be successful in this role,
you will need to be...
- Highly motivated, driven & hard working
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud-based
production system, to ensure the availability, performance,
scalability and security of production systems.
- Build, release and configuration management of production
- Pre-production Acceptance Testing to help assure the quality of
our products / services.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process
- A true believer in cloud native, hybrid cloud and continuous
- Comfortable with scripting & using a Git repo for code
- Evaluating new technology options and vendor products.
- Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in
class cloud security solutions. Basic Requirements: A successful
Manager - Platform engineering will:
- Be available to work onsite out of our American Fork, UT or
Englewood, CO offices
- Have a 4-year college degree in Computer Science / Information
Technology, master's degree is preferred or equivalent professional
- Overall more than 10+ years experience in software engineering
with 5+ years leadership experience.
- 3+ years managing / leading a team of 5 or mor
- Strong hands-on experience with DevOps - CICD automation
(Jenkins, gitlab, etc), deployment automation (e.g. Argo CD,
Spinnaker, AWS codedeploy)
- Monitoring Tools: Experience with system monitoring tools for
APM, Infra, Browser, Synthetic (e.g. Nagios, PagerDuty, Zenoss,
- Experience building and managing large, highly available
enterprise grade applications
- Experience with Kubernetes, Kafka & the Elastic Stack
- AWS: 4+ years' experience with using a broad range of AWS
technologies (e.g. EC2, EMR, S3, Redshift, VPC, Glacier, IAM,
CloudWatch, SQS, Lambda, CloudTrail, Systems Manager, KMS, Kinesis
Streams) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud
solution, with an emphasis on Well Architected Framework.
- Have 2+ years of experience building and managing hybrid cloud
platform supporting large, highly available enterprise grade
- Scripting Skills: o AWS Infrastructure-as-a-Code using
Terraform scripting. o Strong scripting (e.g. Python, shell) and
- Operating Systems: Linux/Ubuntu system administration.
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyze and resolve complex
infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
- Networking: Understanding network topologies and common network
protocols and services (DNS, SSH, FTP, SMTP).
- Industry certifications on DevOps, Cloud Platforms, Kubernetes
is highly desirable Technologies in our environment: Here are some
key technologies that make up our environment. While we do not
expect you to have a detailed understanding of each, the more of
these you are familiar with the better.
- AWS / Google Cloud / Azure
- Automated testing of applications & Continuous Integration /
TDD / BDD
- Linux / Redhat / CoreOS
- Cloud Native tools: Kubernetes / Docker / Rancher / Consul /
Vault / Salt Stack / Jenkins / Terraform / AWS / Jaeger / gRPC /
Istio / Calico / Envoy
- Kubernetes / Docker / Rancher
- SaltStack / Chef / Ansible / Puppet (Optional)
- Confluent Stack / Kafka / ELK Stack / Couchbase / Cassandra /
RabbitMQ / PostGreSQL / Elasticsearch
- CI / CD & DevOps Culture
- Cloudnative & 12 Factor Applications
- Serverless / Function as a service concepts, implementations &
Salary Range Compensation: $114,885.00/Year - $181,390.00/Year
Benefits From versatile health perks to new career opportunities,
check out our benefits on our careers website . Candidates need to
successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager,
management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship
Keywords: Dish Network, Lehi , DevOps Manager, Executive , Lehi, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!