Company: TC Industries Of Canada Company
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Lodging Dynamics Hospitality Group is a growing Hospitality
Management Company looking for a General Manager, with experience
in expanding customer loyalty and growth. The General Manager
functions as the primary strategic business leader of the hotel
with responsibility for all aspects of the operation. They ensure
implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives
with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations.
Responsible for active supervision of all hotel disciplines,
including but not limited to the front office, guest services, food
service, housekeeping, maintenance, sales operations and personnel,
ensuring that there is an atmosphere of good public relations
towards guests and associates and community. Also ensures the hotel
is meeting and constantly striving to meet its sales and
profitability goals, and compliant with local and federal laws and
regulations. Primary Responsibilities:
- Recruit, hire, train, counsel and motivate all associates in
all departments of the hotel.
- Actively supervise department heads and all personnel with
authority to issue oral and written warnings and reprimands when
policies and procedures have been violated or to document poor work
performance, and to discharge employees, with grossly negligent
cases being approved by an above property representative or in
conjunction with Human Resources.
- Conduct all department head performance appraisals and bonus
calculations, where applicable.
- Participate in departmental expense and labor budgeting
- Schedule personnel within budget guidelines to assure adequate
staffing to maintain service levels.
- Develop department attitude of attentiveness and anticipation
of guest needs.
- Ensure guest special requests are fulfilled promptly and
associate take ownership of issues.
- Ensure proper delivery of all guest services, including but not
limited to social hour, breakfast service, dry-cleaning, mail
delivery, shuttle, grocery shopping, newspaper delivery, Business
Center, wireless Internet, etc.
- Resolve guest complaints with Guest Relations concerning the
hotel, or guest billing and chargeback inquiries.
- Process & reconcile daily cash deposits.
- Monitor posting of guest charges to minimize lost revenue.
- Ensure front desk personnel perform bucket checks each shift
and monitor rate variances.
- Coordinate reservations and efficient group registration with
the Sales Department.
- Monitor suite availability and develop the hotel's yield
management system with Sales to maximize suite revenue.
- Ensure an effective cash control system is in place and that
all credit card and check cashing policies are followed.
- Maintain efficient operations and inventory controls for the
hotel Market (i.e. gift shop).
- Responsible for the administration of key control
- Ensure proper procedures for guest safety deposit boxes, guest
mail and packages.
- Educate department personnel on emergency procedures, safety
precautions, and safe work habits.
- Drive defensively and safely when driving the hotel van. Wear
your seatbelt at all times. Use the van only for company
- Promote good employee communication through department
meetings, employee feedback, oral and written communication, and
- Participate in the weekend MOD development program and host
social hour (if relevant), as assigned.
- Process and track brand certificates (frequent guest programs,
brand coupons and reimbursements, etc.) when presented as forms of
tender to ensure we receive reimbursement from the brand.
- Oversee and approve the monthly Direct Bill accounts and
statements and send out invoices as often as necessary to maintain
the accounts receivable balance within 60 days past due.
- Ensure all hotel supplies are properly stocked and/or all hotel
equipment is in proper working condition.
- Process accounts payable invoices for the hotel, including
monitoring travel agent commission requests.
- Lead and conduct the brand daily stand up meetings.
- Carry out any reasonable request by Management.
- Participate in and actively contribute to weekly Sales Meetings
and conduct monthly Staff Meetings.
- Conduct monthly department meetings or continuous improvement
meetings (CIM). Note: Other duties as assigned by Regional Director
of Operations of VP of Operations Relationships: Internal: All
hotel departments and employees: For leadership and communication
External: Account Executives: To promote business Requirements
- 2-4 years experience in hotel management operations, sales and
marketing, or related professional areas.
- OR - 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hotel
and Restaurant Management, or unrelated major. Certification and/or
- Alcohol awareness certification.
- General Manager and/or other certification as required by
- Core Competencies:
- Aligning Performance for Success - Skilled at focusing and
guiding others in accomplishing work objectives. Building a
Successful Team Skilled at building a cohesive team and
facilitating goal accomplishment.
- Building Strategic Working Relationships - Skilled at
developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the
accomplishment of work goals.
- Building Trust - Ability to interact with others in an honest,
fair and respectful way; giving others confidence in one's
intentions and those of the organization.
- Business Acumen - Ability to understand and utilize economic,
financial, and industry data; accurately analyzing data to make
informed business decisions and develop strategies.
- Communication - Skilled at clearly conveying information and
ideas through a variety of media; engaging the audience and helping
them understand and retain the message.
- Customer Focus - Ability to develop and sustain productive
customer relationships; actively seeking information to understand
and address customers' needs.
- Executive Disposition - Commands attention and respect;
advocates for the objectives and values of their hotel brand and
LDHG; demonstrates composure under pressure; exhibits flexibility
- Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps LDHG's values and
business strategy at the forefront of decision making and
- Strategic Decision Making - Ability to gather and organize
information relevant to a long-range goal or vision, develops
alternative strategies, and execute a course of action to carry out
strategy. Skills and Qualities:
- Analytical/Critical Thinking - The ability to gather and
organize information using a logical and systematic process;
recognize patterns and relationships in complex data; examine data
to identify implications, problems and draw appropriate
conclusions; generate alternative solutions to problems; evaluate
strengths, weaknesses and consequences of alternative solutions and
approaches to solving problems.
- Applied Business Knowledge - Understanding market dynamics,
enterprise level objectives and important aspects of LDHG's
business to accurately diagnose strengths and weaknesses,
anticipate opportunities and risks, identify issues, and develop
strategies and plans. Aligning individual and team actions with
strategies and plans to drive business results.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and
processes for providing customer and personal services. This
includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for
services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Economics and Accounting - Knowledge of economic and accounting
principles and practices, P&L statements, operating budgets,
forecasting and scheduling, and the reporting of financial
- Revenue Management - Knowledge of total hotel revenue
management concepts, processes and strategies (including sales
cycles and trends, account management, pricing, and inventory
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and
management principles involved in strategic planning, resource
allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique,
production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand
information and ideas presented through spoken words and
- Management of Financial Resources - Determining how money will
be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these
- Personnel and Human Resources - Knowledge of principles and
procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training and
development, compensation and benefits, labor relations and
negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for
showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes
marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales
techniques, and sales control systems.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate
for the needs of the audience.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and
paragraphs in work related documents.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment,
policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective
operations for the protection of people, data and property.
- Number Facility - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or
divide quickly and correctly.
- Law and Government - Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court
procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders,
agency rules that apply to job (e.g., OSHA, EPA, ADA, CFC, NFPA,
- Working Conditions:
- Will be required to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Will be required to work in a fast paced environment.
- Will be required to be on call when away from work.
Physical/Cognitive Activities: This description of physical and
mental activities is not intended to describe essential job
functions. Rather, its purpose is to give the job applicant a feel
for the physical and mental activities of the job to the end that
an applicant with a disability can determine whether he or she will
be able to do this job either with or without accommodations.
Organizational Structure: Works closely with: All Hotel Staff &
Keywords: TC Industries Of Canada Company, Lehi , General Manager, Executive , Lehi, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!