Vice President of Wholesale
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Purple combines uber--comfort with science-backed technology to
make sleep and sit products for everyday life. Their award-winning
marketing represents the company's quirky, colorful culture and
their over 100 granted and pending patents guarantee that this
company is one-of-a-kind.--Nestled at the base of the Wasatch
mountain range, Purple sits as one of Utah's fastest growing
companies. Poised to take over the world - or at least the mattress
industry - Purple is looking for the most-rad, ultra-cool,
totally-awesome peeps to join the team.-- Position Summary POSITION
SUMMARY: The VP of Wholesale provides a proven sales leader the
opportunity to manage a significant percentage of a rapidly growing
consumer goods company. This role is responsible for overseeing a
team of Sales Account Managers calling on businesses in the
mattress & furniture industry, department stores, pharmacies,
trucking industry, medical equipment distribution, and other
consumer goods retail to meet the revenue and margin goals
established and guided by the Chief Retail Officer. Additionally,
this role oversees a Field Training team that coaches retail
associates on our products and inspect store sites. Beyond
management, this role also includes P/L responsibilities and a
highly strategic mind that can solve issues creatively and adapt to
changing circumstances while still managing toward goals. ESSENTIAL
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build an adaptive wholesale growth strategy for all product
lines. Collaborate with production, fulfillment, category
management, and other sales channels to determine best options that
drive revenue, margin, and brand position within the wholesale
department and within the plan developed by the Chief Retail
- Lead and support a team of National Sales Managers overseeing
- Guide the Wholesale Operations Manager to building additional
reporting capabilities for the sales team and to improve
efficiencies in the department.
- Guide the Field Training Manager to building strong,
brand-approved, sales training for onsite meetings with wholesale
partners' store associates.
- Oversee and negotiate sales agreements for new and existing
accounts and ensure accurate management to the agreements by all
departments within Purple.
- Maintain reporting for SOX compliance.
- Possess an eye for detail and the ability to set priorities and
organize tasks to completion.
- Able to manage workload, have the ability to see what needs to
be accomplished, create plans to efficiently meet immediate and
- Collaborate new product introductions into wholesale partners
through the National Sales Managers and with the guidance of the
Brand and Category Management Teams.
- Collaborate with the Brand and Creative departments to update
and improve Purple's in-store displays in wholesale partners'
stores. Own the creation of beautiful branded displays.
- Increase sales in existing wholesale doors.
- Travel to partners' corporate offices and make store visits
around the nation. Expect travel to up to 60% of a month.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS--
- Bachelor and or Associate degree in Business, or other related
- 10+ years experience in sales management, P/L, and sales
- Wholesale experience and executive-level relationships in the
furniture and/or mattress industry strongly preferred
- Excellent organization skills and ability to work independently
as well as in groups.
- Creative thinker that is able to collaborate while developing
new plans, processes and solutions.
- Passionate about wholesale expansion and support
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Good understanding of brand building through wholesale
- Able to generate new ideas and creative solutions with a
hands-on mentality. BENEFITS AND PERKS
- 401(k) Match
- Generous PTO
- Market Money
- Earn a Mattress
- Purple Swag WHY WORK AT PURPLE? Make your mark:--We value
innovative thinking. At Purple, you will be empowered to bring your
ideas to life as we work together to improve people's lives through
comfort. Gain unique experience:--Be a part of one of the fastest
growing companies in Utah! The contributions you make will matter
at Purple as the company continues to grow with you.
- Awesome culture:--Join the tight-knit team at Purple and you
can enjoy working alongside industry experts, making close friends,
and annual employee appreciation events. Purple provides equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.-- This
policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Keywords: Purple, Lehi , Vice President of Wholesale, Executive , Lehi, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!