Vice President of Wholesale
Posted on: October 14, 2020
Vice President of Wholesale
Job DetailsLevel SeniorJob Location HQ- Lehi - Lehi, UTPosition
Type Full TimeCompany Overview PURPLE
Purple combines uber comfort with science-backed technology to make
sleep and sit products for everyday life. Their award-winning
marketing represents the company's quirky, colorful culture and
their over 100 granted and pending patents guarantee that this
company is one-of-a-kind. Nestled at the base of the Wasatch
mountain range, Purple sits as one of Utah's fastest growing
companies. Poised to take over the world - or at least the mattress
industry - Purple is looking for the most-rad, ultra-cool,
totally-awesome peeps to join the team.
Position Summary POSITION SUMMARY:
The VP of Wholesale provides a proven sales leader the opportunity
to manage a significant percentage of a rapidly growing consumer
goods company. This role is responsible for overseeing a team of
Sales Account Managers calling on businesses in the mattress &
furniture industry, department stores, pharmacies, trucking
industry, medical equipment distribution, and other consumer goods
retail to meet the revenue and margin goals established and guided
by the Chief Retail Officer. Additionally, this role oversees a
Field Training team that coaches retail associates on our products
and inspect store sites. Beyond management, this role also includes
P/L responsibilities and a highly strategic mind that can solve
issues creatively and adapt to changing circumstances while still
managing toward goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build an adaptive wholesale growth strategy for all product
lines. Collaborate with production, fulfillment, category
management, and other sales channels to determine best options that
drive revenue, margin, and brand position within the wholesale
department and within the plan developed by the Chief Retail
- Lead and support a team of National Sales Managers overseeing
- Guide the Wholesale Operations Manager to building additional
reporting capabilities for the sales team and to improve
efficiencies in the department.
- Guide the Field Training Manager to building strong,
brand-approved, sales training for onsite meetings with wholesale
partners' store associates.
- Oversee and negotiate sales agreements for new and existing
accounts and ensure accurate management to the agreements by all
departments within Purple.
- Maintain reporting for SOX compliance.
- Possess an eye for detail and the ability to set priorities and
organize tasks to completion.
- Able to manage workload, have the ability to see what needs to
be accomplished, create plans to efficiently meet immediate and
- Collaborate new product introductions into wholesale partners
through the National Sales Managers and with the guidance of the
Brand and Category Management Teams.
- Collaborate with the Brand and Creative departments to update
and improve Purple's in-store displays in wholesale partners'
stores. Own the creation of beautiful branded displays.
- Increase sales in existing wholesale doors.
- Travel to partners' corporate offices and make store visits
around the nation. Expect travel to up to 60% of a month.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor and or Associate degree in Business, or other related
- 10+ years experience in sales management, P/L, and sales
- Wholesale experience and executive-level relationships in the
furniture and/or mattress industry strongly preferred
- Excellent organization skills and ability to work independently
as well as in groups.
- Creative thinker that is able to collaborate while developing
new plans, processes and solutions.
- Passionate about wholesale expansion and support strategies
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Good understanding of brand building through wholesale
- Able to generate new ideas and creative solutions with a
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) Match
- Generous PTO
- Market Money
- Earn a Mattress
- Purple Swag
- Amazing Purple Products
WHY WORK AT PURPLE?
- Make your mark: We value innovative thinking. At Purple, you
will be empowered to bring your ideas to life as we work together
to improve people's lives through comfort.
- Gain unique experience: Be a part of one of the fastest growing
companies in Utah! The contributions you make will matter at Purple
as the company continues to grow with you.
- Awesome culture: Join the tight-knit team at Purple and you can
enjoy working alongside industry experts, making close friends, and
annual employee appreciation events.
Purple provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
Keywords: Purple, Lehi , Vice President of Wholesale, Executive , Lehi, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!