Designated Services Engineer, FlashBlade
Company: Pure Storage
Posted on: January 16, 2022
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID
vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries
rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the
most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by
partnering with Pure Storage. Pure's vision is to redefine the
storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people
consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50%
of the Fortune 500, we've only scratched the surface of our
Pure Is Blazing Trails And Setting Records
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in
the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to
innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top
1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure's leadership across
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster,
stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say "bring it on" to exciting challenges that
change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
DSEs provide a unique personalized support experience, tailored to
the needs of designated customer accounts. DSEs exemplify the
highest level of ownership by building strong customer
relationships, gaining an intimate understanding of the customer
environment, and developing solutions specific to the customer
- Proactively seek to understand customer expectations
- Provide a personalized support experience with every customer
- Resolve, and provide guidance for support cases based on
- Own and track customer issues using our ticket tracking
- Own all customer facing communications, ensuring the message is
concise and professional
- Involve the DSE team in technical challenges with customer
support cases via escalation, and engineering tickets
- Develops professional expertise, applies support
troubleshooting procedures to resolve a variety of issues
- Follow Special Handling Instructions specific to the customer
- Develop an intimate understanding of the Pure product in the
- Manage multiple projects/support cases simultaneously
- Champion customer issues internally, represent the company
externally, and represent the DSE team in a customer facing
- Weekend, holiday, and on call duties as required, flexible
hours to accommodate designated customer needs
What You'll Need To Bring To This Role...
- Proven ability to resolve customer problems, and escalations
utilizing appropriate internal and external resources
- Proven technical troubleshooting skills in a complex multi
- Ability to triage issues, and escalate them to appropriate
engineering groups as necessary
- Working knowledge of technologies such as operating systems
(Solaris, LINUX, Windows, VMware), LANs & WANs, and storage area
- Knowledge, and ability to troubleshoot Fibre Channel, Ethernet,
IP, iSCSI, NAS issues
- Desire to take customer support to a new level, learn customer
environments, and work closely with customers
Minimum Qualifications (education & Experience)
- Minimum three years of experience in customer-facing, technical
- Experience in supporting both hardware, and software
- Prior experience as a Dedicated or Designated Support
- Prior support experience at technology related company
- Must be legally authorized to work in the USA without
BE YOU-CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an
impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice
and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and
celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn,
develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is
an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing
field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and
professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good
Foundation gives back to local and global communities through
volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best
self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy
balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and
company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they
need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after
meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe
you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the
laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you
may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com .
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information
you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate
Personal Information Protection Notice .
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance
with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not
currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are
unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE'S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure's policies, current and anticipated federal
regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health
and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the
community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and
contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 no later than January 18, 2022. Should
you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must
initiate Pure's exemption request process which will determine if
an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local,
state, and/or federal law.
Keywords: Pure Storage, Lehi , Designated Services Engineer, FlashBlade, Engineering , Lehi, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!