Posted on: April 5, 2021
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all
about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global
brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional
digital experiences! We're passionate about empowering people to
create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and
transform how companies interact with customers across every
We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to
creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is
respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new
ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the
next big idea could be yours! About Workfront Workfront, an Adobe
company, is the leader in enterprise work management. Together,
Adobe and Workfront provide companies a single system to support
planning, collaboration, and governance to unlock organizational
productivity and create exceptional experiences. Workfront helps
people do their best work so companies can thrive in a digital
world. Workfront is built for people, effortlessly connecting teams
and easily integrating into existing applications and systems. The
ability to see, measure, and analyze critical factors such as
resources, outcomes, and priorities keeps everyone on the same
page, with a clear understanding of why their work matters.-- Role
Purpose As a member of the Engineering management team at
Workfront, you will be responsible for leading, mentoring and
growing Software Engineers, Quality Engineers, and building a
highly-effective Software Engineering team within an Agile
environment. Your primary goal will be to drive your team to turn
concept into reality and ensure consistent delivery of
high-quality, scalable, innovative software to Workfront's Work
Automation Cloud Platform. You will be responsible for Engineering
craftsmanship and best practices on your team, drive improvements
as-necessary and most importantly mentor engineers on your team to
be just as awesome as you are. What You Will Do
- Manage an Agile process that consistently delivers a quality
product to Workfront's customers.
- Rally your team to make and keep commitments to customers, the
business, and themselves.
- Team up with your Product Owner and UX Designer in planning and
preparing your team's backlog.
- Mentor, coach, and assist team members to be productive and
efficient contributors to Workfront's Work Automation Cloud
- Meet with your team to ensure their path for success is clear
and we're instilling and exhibiting the right behaviors to ensure
consistent, high-quality delivery.
- Ensure the quality craftsmanship of your team's software
engineers is an ingrained behavior and that we're always ensuring
our code not only works as advertised, but it will continue to work
when thousands upon thousands of people are utilizing it at the
- Lead discussions with your team about what emerging tools,
technologies and processes are coming that may impact how our
organization grows and evolves. Create proposals for the creation
and modification of our processes and technology roadmaps in your
- Participate in interviews to find the next great engineer or
leader at Workfront, convincing them that Workfront has the best
software jobs on the planet.
- Have an awesome lunch with your team because we're nailing
- At the end of a release, as the rest of the company is
validating that, in fact, you and your teams are nailing it, take
some time to do some research, train in a new technology or even
play a game - em, we mean participate in a team building exercise -
with your team. Desired Competencies and Experience
- 7+ years in software engineering with 2+ years of recent
experience leading software engineering teams
- Knowledge of technologies, languages, and/or architectures in
the Workfront environment (microservices, Python, Java, Node.js,
React, AWS, Docker, ML, AI, data pipelines, etc.).
- Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of software engineering
practices, craftsmanship, metrics, quality and testing procedures,
process creation and enablement.
- Established track record of being the go-to person for your
teams, spearheading or injecting yourself in necessary discussions
to ensure you're always in the loop and your teams always have what
they need to be successful.
- Experience optimizing software processes to ensure your team is
always running efficiently and constantly striving to improve.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate
details about the technical practices in software engineering in a
way that makes sense and resonates with our customers and other
departments in the business.
- Ability to adjust and adapt to changing situations in stride
communicating effectively to achieve buy-in and minimizing
downstream effect on performance and morale.
- Show that you have the ability and desire to mentor others to
improve their capabilities in all areas above.
- Have unique experience in microservice architectures, real-time
or massively distributed systems, big data, analytics or AI, or
public cloud/PaaS systems like AWS.
- Demonstrate extraordinary communication skills to the point
where we feel that, not only can you talk to engineers, but to the
CEO, our customers and everyone in between.
- Convince us that you have successfully led measurable and,
preferably, dramatic improvements in the engineering practices and
execution of software teams and that you have the passion and drive
to do it again.
- Show that you are a person who not only solves problems but
anticipates them, and moves quickly to provide solutions without
needing to be asked.
- Share stories about your leadership and how you got your teams
to not only believe they could achieve more than they thought
possible, but they actually did it. Values Fit To us, company
values are more than just words on a wall; they best describe who
we are and how we get our work done.
- Genuine: We are sincere, trustworthy, and reliable.
- Exceptional: We're committed to creating exceptional
experiences that delight our employees and customers.
- Innovative: We're highly creative and always striving to
connect new ideas with business realities.
- Involved: We're inclusive, open, and actively engaged with our
customers, partners, employees, and the communities we serve.
-- At Workfront, an Adobe company, you will be immersed in an
exceptional work environment that is recognized around the world .
You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to
helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where
ongoing feedback flows freely. If you're looking to make an impact,
we're the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying
about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog . At Adobe,
you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that
is--recognized around the world . You will also be surrounded by
colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our
unique--Check-In --approach where ongoing feedback flows freely. If
you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you.
Discover what our employees are saying about their career
experiences on the--Adobe Life blog --and explore the
meaningful--benefits --we offer. Adobe is an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in
the workplace regardless of--gender, race or color, ethnicity or
national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other
characteristics protected by law. Adobe aims to make adobe.com
accessible to any and all users. If you have a disability or
special need that requires accommodation to navigate our website or
complete the application process, please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org or (408) 536-3015.
Keywords: Adobe, Lehi , Engineering Manager, Engineering , Lehi, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!