Designated Support Engineer, FlashBlade
Company: Pure Storage
Posted on: February 24, 2021
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators
to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure
reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company
in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables
everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret
sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world
who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation
technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum
computing, and self-driving cars-all of which require unprecedented
amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure's technology to grow
exponentially in the coming years.
We've Only Scratched The Surface Of Our Ambitions , And As We
Continue To Gobble Up Market Share, We're Blazing Trails And
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the
Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays and in 2019, Gartner named
Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to
innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score,
certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue
If you, like us, say "bring it on" to exciting challenges that
change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Pure Storage has Support centers in Mountain View, CA, Lehi, UT,
Dublin, Ireland & Singapore, Asia. We are looking for a Designated
Support Engineer (DSE) to join our 24x7 Support team. Our culture
focuses on 5 key values - Persistence, Creativity, Teamwork,
Ownership, and Customer First. You will work on problems of diverse
scope where analysis will include hardware, software, and
environmental factors within our Flash Blade product. As Support
Engineers, you utilize your deep technical expertise to tackle
technical problems. Successful Support Engineers will be able to
build strong networks across different departments in the
- Proactively seek to understand customer expectations.
- Provide a personalized support experience with every customer
- Resolve, and provide guidance for support cases based on
- Own and track customer issues using our ticket tracking
- Own all customer facing communications, ensuring the message is
concise and professional.
- Involve the DSE team in technical challenges with customer
support cases via escalation, and engineering tickets.
- Develops professional expertise, applies support
troubleshooting procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Follow Special Handling Instructions specific to the customer
- Develop an intimate understanding of the Pure product in the
- Manage multiple projects/support cases simultaneously.
- Champion customer issues internally, represent the company
externally, and represent the DSE team in a customer facing
- Weekend, holiday, and on call duties as required, flexible
hours to accommodate designated customer needs
What You'll Need To Bring To This Role...
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent
- Minimum five years of experience in customer-facing, technical
- Three or more years of experience in a Technical Support
- Authority on multiple technologies.
- Proven ability to resolve customer problems, and issues
utilizing appropriate internal and external resources.
- Proven technical troubleshooting skills in a complex
- Experience in supporting both hardware, and software
- Ability to triage issues, and raise them to appropriate
engineering groups as necessary.
- Authoritative knowledge of technologies such as operating
systems (Solaris, LINUX, Windows, VMware), LANs & WANs, and storage
- Knowledge, and ability to fix Networking, Replication,
Performance and Space issues.
- Demonstration of domain expertise in one or more of the
following: NFS, S3, SMB, LDAP, IPv6.
- Willing and able to work in an open office, team
- Desire to take customer support to a new level, learn customer
environments, and work closely with customers.
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field and/or related technical
BE YOU-CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an
impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice
and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and
celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn,
develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is
an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing
field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and
professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good
Foundation gives back to local and global communities through
volunteering and grants.
And because w e understand the value of bringing your full and best
self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy
balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and
company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the
laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for
hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a
disability, you may contact us at .
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information
you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate
Personal Information Protection Notice .
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance
with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not
currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are
unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated
Keywords: Pure Storage, Lehi , Designated Support Engineer, FlashBlade, Engineering , Lehi, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!